• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Taking Projects on the Road / Proxies Only

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched for this and come up empty.

I have a large project with several different sequences. They all are different but pull from some of the same raw footage. It's a really huge and confusing project.

I'm headed out of town and I'm trying to figure out a way to use Project Manager to export 3 of these sequences - but with only the proxies instead of the full rez footage - so I can work on it with my laptop - and then reconnect to the original full rez footage when I return.

Is this possible? Or - what's the best strategy for this?

thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

I don't think that Project Manager will do this. But it would make a great feature request.

I'm working on a similar workflow at the moment and am using FreeFileSync to clone the proxies, including the folder hierarchy, to a portable drive.

In FreeFileSync I'm mirroring with */Proxies/* in the Filter section

(I had PPro generate all proxies next to originals - it puts them in a 'Proxies' folder) so it only clones the Proxies.

I do find I have to relink the proxies when starting the app (relink one

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this a premiere pro question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is - have I posted in the wrong spot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, but it's ok now.

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Premiere Pro CC]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that Project Manager will do this. But it would make a great feature request.

I'm working on a similar workflow at the moment and am using FreeFileSync to clone the proxies, including the folder hierarchy, to a portable drive.

In FreeFileSync I'm mirroring with */Proxies/* in the Filter section

(I had PPro generate all proxies next to originals - it puts them in a 'Proxies' folder) so it only clones the Proxies.

I do find I have to relink the proxies when starting the app (relink one and it finds them all), and the audio side of the clip shows red / no waveform, but is there. (The proxy relink is because it seems to hard wire the <FilePath> in the project file - you can search & replace within the project file to fix that.) Any ideas on why the audio is red & how to fix it so I can see waveforms gratefully received.

So far the proxies have shown up fine and I've made edits etc - getting these cuts back into the master project hasn't proved without issues - it seems that if there is any difference between the master project clips and the roaming project clips then duplicate clips (and enclosing folder structures) are created when importing sequences.

That difference can be as minor as having the file path stored in the project as "/Users/xxx...." rather than "Volumes/Hard Drive/Users/xxx..." can result in duplicate clip imports.

I think that allowing 'write xmp files on import' may also be important for the avoidance of duplicate clips.

Hope that helps a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I think the only way you can do this is to somehow 'hide' the master files, so Project Manager only copies the _Proxy files....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... And beware, if you have identically named files (think C0002.mxf) then they are generally overwritten in Project Manager copy processes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines