• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text graphics randomly disappearing from timeline in project. 23.1.0 (Build 86), Windows 10 Pro

Participant ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody,

Text graphics seem to be randomly disappearing from my timeline. I can't rule out human error 100%, nor can I reliably reproduce the problem. I'm using 23.1.0 (Build 86), and have never had this happen before. My project is very simple, apart from having lots of graphics with text layers. There is always just one text layer in the graphic, nothing complicated. I am positioning them with presets (vector graphic position). There are no effects or anything else on the layer, just basic styling from the EG panel. There are many sequences in the project, but all are simple like this, nothing nested, etc. 

As I'm working it seems like some of my graphic events are randomly disappearing from the timeline.  For example, I'll add a few to the beginning of the project and continue working down the timeline. But if I go back to the beginning, one or more of the graphics events is just GONE. At first I thought I was getting sloppy about holding down alt when I would copy a graphic, but yesterday I was VERY careful when editing, and double checked that everything was OK when I saved and closed. Today I opened up the project again, and am 100% sure that some of the text graphics I inserted yesterday are gone. There is no rhyme or reason to it, and I can't reproduce the problem, unfortunately.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any idea what might be going on? As I said, I can't rule out human error 100%, but I'm 99.9% sure that there is something fishy going on.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use graphics layers heavily, never had such problems (win 10, Pr 23.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us a picture of your timeline? Are you seeing the graphics represented in the timeline? Maybe try clicking backslash to make sure that you're seeing all of the pieces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rob, the timeline looks normal and I can see the graphics that are there. The problem is that when I reopen the project after saving, or when I go back to the beginning of the timeline after doing a lot of work farther down, graphics that I'm 99.9999% sure I didn't accidentally delete are just gone. They're not in the list of graphics in the panel, and completely gone from the timeline.

I've been working with PP for years now, and only a handful of times have accidentally deleted a graphic (by moving instead of copying), but suddenly in this project it's happened a couple of dozen times. So something is definitely up. This is the first project I've worked on in this version, so I'm thinking it might be a bug. It seems very random. Wish I had more info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines