• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text not showing up on timeline

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, im somewhat new to premiere pro and recently ive just ran into an annoying issue of text being in my video but not on my timeline, i saw a similar post to what im having an issue right now but their answer was to look at all the extra tracks they unknowingy had pilled up, but that isnt the case for me, so i really have no idea why this text is here and why it cant be clicked on, selected or seen anywhereimage_2022-09-09_001723509.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the text part of your original video or did you create it? If you didn't create this text and it's part of the video, then it's baked in and you can't edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created it, then edited it, and even later deleted and replaced it to try and fix the issue but it's still there 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the text which says: "Khajeh"? Or "hmm"?

Maybe it's part of the video?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm referring to the "hmm". It was a line of text I added a while ago and then later changed to be mainly white text instead of black, plus some other little tweaks. But for some reason the original text is still somehow there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a stuck frame. How many frames is this text showing up in? You can try clearing your media cache by going to Preferences > Media Cache, then clearing. Read the instructions for how to clear the cache for your current project. Relaunch Premiere and see if it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd. The timeline status shows green, except for the yellow (maybe not realtime; was it "rendered"?) which covers not just the graphics text on V2, but right up to the CTI.

I agree that it looks like a left over media cache bit. But, does the clear media cache clear files in use? I would also try Sequence -> Delete Render Files.

If none of that works, close this project and clear cache or just deleter the cache files.

Unlikely, but are you sure you didn't export and reimport the mp4?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones clearing the media cache doesn't take care of the current project by default, but the revamped option in the prefs gives you a very easy way to handle this. No more needing to manually find the files and trash them, it's pretty nice. 

davidarbor_0-1662746084739.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, David. Yes, very helpful.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the black text is only appearing for 1 frame, so i could go and delete all the single frames to fix it, but ive also found another odd fix. If i add a text box over the frame that has the black text, it for some reason overrides it, so by adding this text box and not typing in anything, leaving it empty, i can remove the black text without deleteing the frame. a tedious fix but a solution for now, would love anymore suggestions on what it may be though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fact that using a new blank text box is likely forcing Premiere Pro to re-render preview files ... and this makes the problem go away is a sign that there's something going on with your cache files as David and Stan have mentioned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive tried deleting the cache files and it did nothing sadly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tripsy_,

Make sure you choose File > Close All Projects first, then go into Media Cache Preferences and delete ALL the cache. That can help a lot.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines