Exit

the importer reported a generic error

Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello i have this error. 

I have copied a project from a pc to another

Most of the files are there, but some are missing and i can see that the report that show that those files should be located the old pc path (they where in D:|, and in the new C are in F:)

This is strange already and i don't understand why

Anyway these files that premiere want in D, are there, and if i try the LOCATE function i get this error

How can i sort?

thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

I'm guesing you installed Edius on the laptop but not on the desktop and Edius may have come with those codecs. Having a codec installed for Edius would also make it available for Premiere. I haven't heard of that specific codec but from a quick search, it appears it is available for download as below:
https://www.edius.net/hqx.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple reasons the generic error comes may occur. See the page below that covers this issue and posible solutions:
https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-the-importer-reported-a-generic-error-in-adobe-premiere/

What are the files that are being located - video, image, audio and format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those files are all the same

AVI file, 1920x1080, 23.98fps with audio at 48khx stereoThey all have a name similar this

1FBD6442-1A7F-417A-8368-95E23BE6F497.AVI

as they came from rendered files of Edius project

I have other with similar name but MOV and they load correctly at first opening

On my desktop pc(the pc with problem) they stll are located at D:\projectfolder, (where they were in the laptop wher ei copied them from)  whil all the others files are coorectly located at F:\projectfolder, that is where they are now..

ah...just yesterday o moved the project from desktop to laptop (laptop is better for editing) and i had no problem. Now that i am putting back the project to the original location, in th edesktop i have problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok trying to debug according to the link solutions

I am trying to import one of those files in a new project and i'll get error

So why on thelaptop it works and here in the desktop it works?

Premiere have changed format support lately? The 2 computers must have very similar premiere version..can'0t check the laptop one now...

update..reinstalled premiere..still can t import those kind of files..while i can do that on the laptop. They are normal avi files which i have imported quickly several time before..it is not the codec the problem. But if i convert the file in mp4 it works. That is not a good solution as i have several files with these problem. Why canno timport those files in a pc and i can in another? I have tried all the solutionof that page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that the AVI has is formated with a  particular CODEC (compression) that is not available on the desktop. 

What compression settings did you use in Edius for the AVI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can see now canopus HQ..still why on the laptop they have worked flawlessy, may be i should install somehting that gives premiere the ability to load those files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guesing you installed Edius on the laptop but not on the desktop and Edius may have come with those codecs. Having a codec installed for Edius would also make it available for Premiere. I haven't heard of that specific codec but from a quick search, it appears it is available for download as below:
https://www.edius.net/hqx.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stefanocps,

Sorry to hear about this. We can get this checked. Let us know the exact version of Premiere Pro in which you are getting the error. Also, if possible please share a download link for the sample media to test it at our end.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On th elaptop , where it wotks, for sure i never installed edius, while it is possibile i did it on the pc where i cannot import th efile

i have just dowbnload the latest 15.5.1. build 6 of premiere

this is the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok solved , installed the codec pak that  Dean_utlian linked

Thank a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi stefanocps,

Glad to help and that a solution was found. Thanks for letting us know.

Good luck with the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines