• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The interaction of a master sequence with sequences created with Make Subsequence

Participant ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a project then imported MTS files.  In the project I created 6 subsequences using Make Subsequence.  I now have a master sequence and 6 subsequences.    After editing a subsequence with effects and transitions I find the following:

• In the master sequence I do not see the results.
  • I also attempt to use the mocha plugin to Stabilize or Remove where it is not rendering in P.Pro.
  • I also note that Warp Stabilizer is not recommended.

How do the changes in one affect the other and when completed exported as a whole?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sub sequence is a separate instance from the sequence and of course is a reference to the original source as well.

Did you have a reason for using Sub Sequences instead of Sub Clips?

eg. I use Sub Sequences when I have multiple edited clips to keep them together as a section ( wehich I can use in another sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking for a way to manager a large HDMS video by splitting it up into sections.  I did ask for help on the Forum for how to split a project into sequences.  I should have researched it better because I do not know how the main and subsequences interact.  I reviewed it in Help to find sections of information that without a basic understanding is difficult to follow.

I am realizing that using sequences was a bad idea since any interaction with a plugin and what I discovered with Warp Stabilizer is proving not to work.  I am presently problem solving with Imagineer Systems for mocha to confirm.

I imagine I have chosen the wrong method.  Sub Clips may be a better approach.  I would need information on how this functions.

Should I forget about that and start a new project without separate sections?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe set up an test project to see how things work before starting with the real project.

Why not set up 6 different sequence, edit and put them together in a master sequence, either by nesting or copy/paste content.

Why is Warp Stabilizer not recommended?

What is a HDMS video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies Ann, I incorrectly wrote HDMS rater than AVCHD.  I also used Help in P.Pro to learn how 'Make Subsequence' functions.  Somewhere in the jumble of information I believe I saw a note not use Warp Stabilizer.  As I say, difficult to follow.

Now in the deep end,  I need to dig myself out either by nesting or copy/paste content.

Can I do this in the present project by using the existing imported clips that were processed as follows?:

• from the imported clips, they were selected in groups to which each was applied Make Subsequence.
  • the originally imported clips as a whole were renamed Master as well as renaming the grouped subsequences.

The total number of clips in the renamed sequence as Master may be able to be rebuilt as follows:

• copy and paste the clips in 2 of the 6 subsequences that were edited and place them in a vacant video track above the existing Master clips, the replace the existing.
  • delete the subsequences since they are now repeated in the Master.

Will this get me back to where I was before creating subsequences without problems from hidden links?

I can then create new sequences and move the grouped clips as existed in the subsequences, continue editing, then put them together in a master sequence as you recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a hard time understanding what you have done. Renaming clips adds to the confusion.

I can then create new sequences and move the grouped clips as existed in the subsequences, continue editing, then put them together in a master sequence as you recommend.

think this is going to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not mean renaming clips.  I did rename the main project sequence to Master and the subsequences to meaningful names e.g. Intro, Vila etc.

In my explanation of using subsequences, naming them, then grouping clips to form subsequences, I was intending to explain how I would copy and paste the edited clips in the first 2 subsequences into the main project sequence to replace the clips that had not been changed.  As it stands, none of the Master sequence duplicate clips show any signs of editing.  The method I used shows that the Master sequence had a duplicate of all the clips in the subsequences.

Thank you for your help and support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further to my understanding of Make Subsequence, I see a duplicate of clips in the project sequence that do not appear to interact with the project. 

Is the purpose of this to make a duplicate of certain project sections for creative development or distribution purposes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines