Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements

Participant ,
Nov 05, 2011 Nov 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please I need Urgent help!

I was working on a project when i saved the project then while closing premiere pro the electricity went off with the UPS and the desktop turned off and when i wanted to launch my project back I have this message:

"The project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements"

Please is there any solution for this problem. My project is very important.

Thank you all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Hi,

This is a legacy thread and the OP has not returned.

When you have a project that is physically damaged, there are few solutions to revive it. You must use a back up that you expressly saved or one from the Auto Save folder. Sorry.

If you have this issue, please create a separate new post to describe your issues. This post is over 5 years old now and may not describe your exact issue.

Note: If you are experiencing this issue with Premiere Pro CC 2016 (11.0 or 11.0.1) on Mac OS and are sharing pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  don't have those plug-ins and I've lost two projects, in two weeks.  This is getting pretty lame, now I have a project due in 36 hours and have to start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem today - I'm using CS6 and I got that warning, I copied my project file on usb stick and re-opened in a different computer using CS5, it then gave me a few warnings about changing the name and saving it to auto save fault, I clicked away and said yes to each one, I re saved it to my desk top then copied that new file to my usb stick then brought it back to my main computer with CS6 and it opened and I was able to finish my work hope this helps  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you open an CS6 project in CS5? My CS5.5 gives a warning that the projectfile i am trying to open is a newer one than i am working on. And sends me back to the open file window.

I also tried opening the file on another computer. No succes

I also tried to open the file on my back-up system. No succes.

version 0.8 opens on both systems fine. But version 0.9 does not.

I noticed one strange thing though: I went away from my studio at 19:45 and the corrupt file was saved on 20:05. I am absolutely sure i was not in the studio by that time. I did start a render before moving out of the studio.

Could a self save from premiere cause the problem? By this i don't mean the autosave.

edit:

the last autosave was from 19:02 and openend fine! phew i only miss very few cuts...

But it gets me very nervous, i think i will now double save different versions... not only 0.9 but also 0.91

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you open an CS6 project in CS5?

You generally don't.  Project files are forward compatible, not backward.

Could a self save from premiere cause the problem? By this i don't mean the autosave.

Autosave is the only kind of 'self save', and is not likely to 'cause' project corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autosave is the only kind of 'self save', and is not likely to 'cause' project corruption.

thnx for your reply. My first question came from a remark of Gakhue:

"I'm using CS6 and I got that warning, I copied my project file on usb stick and re-opened in a different computer using CS5, it then gave me a few warnings about changing the name and saving it to auto save fault, I clicked away and said yes to each one"

So i wondered how he did it

The second question came from the fact that my last save was from 17 minutes after i left my studio. And i am not talking about an autosave. It was the main save of the corrupted videofile. And since i did not do it myself, the only option left is that Premiere did it? Or that premiere does not use the internal Mac clock and is on a different time. Which is not the case (just tested).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to mention that my auto-saves became corrupt too. You can't be too careful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My collegue and me were wondering who else is working on a RAID system. He had once had a corrupt file before (but not with a premiere file) which he believed was caused by RAID.

So i am wondering: who uses a RAID system and had a corrupt premiere file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the converse - I use two RAID0 arrays for media and for scratch disk, and have never had a corrupt project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which he believed was caused by RAID.

That is also not likely.  RAIDs are very common in media environments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that it won't be very likely. It's not very likely that a premiere file is corrupted either, right?
We are trying to find out what can cause this corrupted files. Files, since also several people reported Autosave files to be corrupt.
We are working on a project we have been working on for two years (not fulltime ofcourse ), and we are finalizing it now within a couple of weeks. Every time i start up Premiere and open a project my heart stops when the statusbar is slowing down or even stops. Not very healthy, i can tell you that

I never had this problem before in my 10 year carreer with Premiere. I openened a lot of projects during this time. And it's frustrating that it seems a rather negative lot in the lottery and i have no idea what i can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the autosaves won't do the trick, then you can try importing the project into a new one.  Maybe one sequence at a time to see how things go.  If that doesn't work, you may be left with only once choice - open version .8 and redo the work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnx for your reply.

I worked from version 0.9 autosave from earlier that day.

But i am quite afraid that it will happen again, and perhaps also ruins my autosaves.

So that is way i am pretty curious in finding the cause of the problem.

Our deadline is pretty tight, so losing a day of work is pretty stressfull.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And i am not talking about an autosave. It was the main save of the corrupted videofile. And since i did not do it myself, the only option left is that Premiere did it?

Like I said, the only 'self save' is the autosave.  That is the only place PP will save a file on it's own.  Any project files outside of that Autosave folder were manually saved by a human being.  If not you, then someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thnx for your answers Jim

I am absolutely positive sure that i was the last one in the studio here. So nobody else could have saved my project. Schermafbeelding 2013-04-06 om 13.14.10.png

I made a screenshot from the corupted file data (not the Autosave file but the regular file with version 0.9). The making of the file was on 15:55 the altering (that is saving i guess) is on 20:09. I left the studio at 19:45. The last time i tried to open the corupted file is a day later on 19:52.
So i am wondering what alternation (i don't know the proper English word for it...) Premiere did on it's own, and if this can cause a corrupt file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This, surprisingly, worked for me. I was trying to open a CS6 file in CC and got the error message, and tried this as a last ditch resort. On the CS6 computer, I dragged the project onto a flash drive and then plugged it into the CC computer (with the main external harddrive holding all the files still attached to the CS6 computer). To my shock and relief, the file loaded on the CC computer from the flash drive and a prompt to find the missing video files popped up. I moved the external from the CS6 computer to the CC computer, directed the project to the correct video files, and the problem was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hell Yeah this worked!! THNX just saved me a weeks work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems today each time I reboot my computer.

This is what I noticed.

1. My project contains dynamic links to AFX, so opening AFX to load the linked comps can help in some cases. Sometimes for some strange reason I need to relink some footage.

2. My premiere project is placed in a dropbox folder. Luckily dropbox tracks every single saved version of the file on the internet. Restoring a previous version from dropbox works, while restoring from the premiere auto save folder doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this problem routinely for a few months. I am running the newest version of Premiere Pro CS6, and I do use Colorista II for color corrections. I have gotten into a routine where I save multiple copies of every project so ONE will work. It's really annoying, because it often gives me this dialogue box after I've properly saved a project and then go to open it back up later that same day. Any advice to prevent this is greatly appreciated - but I hope I can still use Colorista II for color correction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sincerely from all my heart advice u to not use Adone Premiere Pro CS6.

Go back to their best cs (5.5) and u can enjoy editing and enjoy colorista and enjoy saving. I have been using cs5.5 since it was launched and i never faced any bugues!! Finish ur last project and go back to it. Otherwise u can now in the middle if a project go back to the last version.

Let me know of what u will do.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you been in touch with Red Giant about the problem? I have not - just curious if you have. Although this problem on Adobe's end is totally unacceptable, wondering what Red Giant have to say about it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys...I think you are on to something. I am using Premiere CS6. I just installed Red Giant Magic Bullet 11 and guess what happened?

A file I was working on 20 minutes ago? corrupt.

Autosaves from yesterday? All but one corrupt.

I don't know which software is causing the issue but wow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes. Same problem for me this morning--after three 6 hours days of logging and syncing up footage for someone else's short film. I guess I will start by uninstalling all Magic Bullet software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to follow up .... fortunately, the last version of my autosave seems to be working okay. Just to be safe, given what others have said, I uninstalled Magic Builder Looks Builder, PluralEyes and the PluralEyes extension in the Extension Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Looks and Colorista for years.  I very much doubt if they're to blame for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You never know, this bug is elusive. It can destroy files and it's hard to pinpoint whether it's just Adobe, part Red Giant, or a little of both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines