• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline clip selection and clip movement lagging with triple display set up

Engaged ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a triple display setup. When im selecting clips or moving clips around in timeline, im getting a 1 second lag. Example: if i select a clip in timeline it wont highlight right away it will take a second then highlight to show clip has be selected. Also if i select the clip and drag it down timeline It wont move for a second then it will catch up to where I move it to. But if I have a text clip/graphic  anywhere on timeline all latency goes away and goes back to normal, fluid movements. This only happens when I have the triple display configuration. When i'm in a dual display configuration I don't get any lag issues. Why is this? I'm on a iMac Pro 10 core  128g ram  vega65 graphics card. So its definitely not lack of power

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about this, but I think displays are basically out of your graphics card. Most of those have DVI and other ports ( sometimes display ports and sometimes HDMI ) ...and the graphics card might be the most critical part of that display functionality ...

On mine ( using windows ) I have two computer monitors from DVI ports... I can hook up the HDMI to a TV but I haven't done that for a long time... as it is really useless to me. The OS gives me a choice of single or dual monitor setup ( out of the DVI stuff ). Then I have a video monitor from a separate card ( my 3rd monitor so to speak but this one is a hero monitor via SDI to video and only shows me the 'program monitor' output ( it's a BM card in a PCI E x8 slot whereas the graphics card is in the PCI E x16 slot ). So I have the 1st monitor color calibrated and the second monitor is junk just to show scopes and stuff ( not source or program images). The first monitor is big enough to show both source and program, and the video just shows program.  If I use the HDMI to the TV I don't get lag but it's just useless anyway so I don't use it.  I'm guessing that if you get another graphics card or a BM card for SDI you won't get any lag. But who knows.. a nice computer shop like safeharbor or puget might be able to give you some info.... call on phone and they would be happy to yap with you.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Azzie Scott,

Great to hear from you again. Hope all is well. Say, if your computer is an iMac, I'd be interested to hear about the other two monitors and how they are connected. The more info we can get on that, the better. Hope we can help.

Thank You,

Kevin Monahan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin, my second display is a Apple Cinema display connected via mini display port with a thunderbolt 3 adapter,  and the 3rd one is a LG 43" IPS monitor connected with a HDMI to TB3 cable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines