• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Title export in Premiere Pro CC 2017 April Update

Explorer ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm completing my first project in Premiere Pro CC 2017 April Update and I would like to export a title but going to export files I can not export title. How do I get this feature as in previous versions?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

No problem...i found the answer here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mAoZme5rOfM&feature=youtu.be

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put the title I wanted into a sequence in a project and saved the project.  I then imported that sequence into the project in which I wanted that title, and the title came in as a legacy title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.srt, .stl or any subtitle format interchangeability is something that needs implementation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes?

As I said, you can t export a title so you can t use an .srt implementation.

Do you have experience with this because I don t get the point you are making.

Grz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been subtitling programs in PP with legacy titler. I think the new graphics package came in during the project. In the last 12 months 3 projects with 600 subtitles each. One project now wants to use .srt in DCP and asked could I export for them. Right now I have exported an FCP XML and will try that. It should all be easy within PP. It’s not glamorous stuff but would improve PP attractiveness to people facing regular subtitling. Surely, if one vision track was reserved for subtitles then it could be squirted out as .srt or .stl - they are not complicated formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being able to export Titles is not acceptable.  Forcing a workflow onto your users, rather than letting your users guide the workflow, is wrong.   

This thread is a year old.  We were ignore for a year.  It's clear that they have decided to dictate, rather than listen.... why do we continue to pay for a never-ending beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem here is that it's a different set of tools ... as far as the developers are concerned. I think they see subtitles and titles/graphics as two completely different things.

So I think, within PrPro, the problem isn't that you can't export the old Title stuff anymore from the current version, it's that they haven't properly created a ​good​ subtitling system. I don't do much, but what little I've done was a total puzzlement. And I've seen enough threads on here from people having trouble with it that it's fair to say that's a pretty universal view.

I do know that some editors needing to do this sort of thing still have a prior version installed just to create and export titles from in 'the olde style'. Workaround, usable, decently quick ... but we should have better subtitling in the current version.

So ... chime in on the new and ​vastly​ improved "user voice" bug/feature report system. You can probably find several subtitle requests to add your thoughts and "vote" to.

Neil

Adobe Bug Report /Feature Request form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/R+Neil+Haugen  wrote

The problem here is that it's a different set of tools ... as far as the developers are concerned. I think they see subtitles and titles/graphics as two completely different things.

Actually there are still three things as of Pr 12.1.n:

1. Legacy Titles
2. Captions (Open and Closed), which are not necessarily the same as sub-titles
3. Graphics, which include aegraphics, prgraphics and mogrts as an interchange format.

It would be nice to get that down to just one thing someday, and that one thing probably won't be Captions or Legacy Titles. That's just a general statement, not an indication of imminent change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for popping in, James!

This is still of course centered around the subtitling capabilities ... or lack thereof ... of PrPro. I know that's not your area, but it would certainly be a sweet thing for users if the subtitling process both worked better internally and worked with more external tools easier. As has been commented before.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still of course centered around the subtitling capabilities ... or lack thereof ... of PrPro. I know that's not your area, but it would certainly be a sweet thing for users if the subtitling process both worked better internally and worked with more external tools easier. As has been commented before.

Where are you (or others) finding Graphic Text Layers lacking as a subtitling tool in lieu of Open Captions and/or the old titler? That is, can you give me some specific subtitling workflow that can't be done efficiently using Graphics and the Type Tool in the Program Mon?

Note: I'm not including Closed Captions when I say 'subtitles' here.. Closed Captions are very specific things with some strict standards to follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using them for that James ... but reading through this thread and some others, quite a few people are using the old titler to create frames they want to use in captioning ... either open/closed or both.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using them for that James ... but reading through this thread and some others, quite a few people are using the old titler to create frames they want to use in captioning ... either open/closed or both.

Then I guess I'll need some of the others to give me some insight into why they still want/need to use Legacy Titles for burned-in subtitles. Apart from not being able to export Legacy Titles, that is, in which case it's just an unfortunate fact that they can't do that since Pr 11.1. That's not something I can change. Captions (closed or open) are different form either of those things and need to be done with the Captions tools. (File > New > Captions, and make sure captions panel is visible)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind how it is implemented but dealing with 600 subtitles and the client walks in and decides they want a stroke instead of a drop shadow and Helvetica at 75% width instead of Arial and 150 subtitle positions have changed by a few frames here and there then importing their newly amended .srt file and setting the attributes globally sure beats going through 600 subtitles 1 at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for re-styling very many text layers at once (including Font Size), that's what Master Text Styles are for in Essential Graphics. I'm not sure what you meant by subtitle positions moving by a few frames, but if you just meant that the relative space they occupy in the monitor may change as a result of style changes, like a narrower Font, then you have a valid point there. Motion parameters are not part of Text Styles so you would need to re-position things by hand if that was needed. Position coordinates will never actually change as a result of re-styling though, just to be clear.

I don't know the Captions feature nearly as well as Graphics, but won't Open Captions let you deal with hundreds of Captions at least as easily as Legacy Titles do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant moving a few frames, later or earlier. The clients regularly want to shift them a few frames to tighten the titkes association with the dialogue. The .srt puts titles against code. It can be offset etc. I have already confessed to being ignorant of the new graphics package but been using it on current project. My end roll....2 panels of end roll just crashed me yesterday but asides from that, I have been finding it quite intuitive. Is there a Master Text Styles tutorial you could recommend? Back in the mid ‘90s I used Collage by Pixel Power. They could accept .stl files. You set styles and positions and it popped them out against master code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of Master Text Styles tutorials out there and none of the ones I've seen are really comprehensive. This one is pretty thorough about how to make them and apply them to a given graphic. But he neglects to mention the steps you will need if you have hundreds of them: Select all Graphics, drag and drop the MTS item form Project panel to a Selected graphic. MTS is applied to all Layers in all selected graphics. After that, just edit any one child Layer, sync to parent style and the changes will ripple to all sibling layers with that MTS applied.

For the timeline placement, it could be tricker. What if you put them all in one track? Could you then use the track selection tool to select them all and then zoom in and nudge the selected set over a few frames? Of course, if they don't all just need to move over by the same amount that won't work, but maybe it would work for most of them, then you could the ripple or rolling edit tools to fine tune? Open Captions is the feature that is designed for this sort of thing BTW, so I'm really just taking a stab in the dark about how to do it all with Graphics. I would definitely not rule out using Captions though if that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for all this - it is very helpful.

The beauty of a subtitle file is that you can throw it back to the client to groom the titles against time as they care to and you just pop a new file into the mix. A bit like an xml or aaf for text. As I understand, there is xml implementation for subtitles. But ideally, if Adobe did implement professional subtitling standards within PP, you would be able to import directly to a video layer in the master timeline.

cheers

r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a good workaround for this issue.

1. open an existing .prproj file that uses the legacy title you want.
  2. copy the title from the project pane.
  3. create a new project. name it after the title.
  4. paste.
  5. save.
  6. in your projects, import this project which only contains your title.
  7. profit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still does not actually EXPORT the prtl file, which many people urgently need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple but annoying process:

• Have a previous build also installed ... suggesting say 2015.3/4 (10.x build series)
  • Create a Title Templates project in that build.
  • When you need a prtl, open that title template project, create your title, save as template.
  • In your 2017 project, Media Browser, navigate to and double-click the title template prproj file, which opens like a file folder into the Browser
  • Select the prtl file/s you need from that projects assets, "Import" into current project.

Works just fine. If annoying that we can't still make prtl's in 2017, which ... well, I am pretty stoked about where the EGP is going, but it ain't there yet. We still need the prtl's for a while, and that should have been left in in my very humble opinion.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the advantage of the new system is that I have to install the old system as well? Incredible... I hope they bring this back... Thank you for your answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting response ... no, the advantage of the new system is coming in for some very expanded graphics capabilities far past anything the old titler could do or even be modified to do. It's not fully featured yet ... all this has been said to redundant redundancy. So some features of the old titler are still needed. In some shops & workflows. So they are still available.

You've never had multiple versions of  PrPro loaded? Really?

I typically keep projects in one major build in that build until completion, so when they've dropped a new one, I do new projects in that, and work the older projects in their own versions. Simple sense, it worked without troubles. Upgrading projects can be problematical, if you don't need to, why ask for trouble? Awesome feature of the CC apps.

So ... at one time I had CS6, 2014, 2015.2, and 2015.4 installed, as I still had a couple older projects I occasionally revisited in each. Recently, I've found that 2017 is running so slick that I've cut back so that I only have 2017 loaded. Which seems bizarre to me. For one project I did reinstall 2015.2, to get fast connection to SpeedGrade primarily. Though normally if I need SpeedGrade (Lumetri can do nice stuff. It ain't a grading app though.) I use a 3rd party app that auto-mods a .prproj file so that Sg 2015.1 will see it  as a PrPro 2015 project file, do my grade, save, wash it back through that applet, and go back to work in PrPro.

I do what works for me just to keep getting things done, and it works rather well. There's another person in a different thread angry that the single-click/double-click in project manager doesn't do exactly the same thing as in Photoshop and a couple of the graphics apps ... therefore horrible UI, and no one can expect to get anything done. You can't get there from here.

Several of us noted that all of the functions he wanted are available at a keystroke or click, it's just reversed from photoshop in a couple of his complaint areas, slightly different including where you click in others, but ... we all blast through that with speed without thinking about it.

Oh no ... this is horrible, you can't get work done, how can we justify this horribleness, that sort of response. Totally useless app for production.

Huh. Oh well, I don't see the problem ... but ... different strokes for different people. The way it works, even though within the app that part is slick & easy, offends him because Adobe has other apps that do it slightly differently. To the point he has trouble working in PrPro.

At that point, in my personal guesstimation, it's more of the user's attitude than the app itself. His opinion is naturally quite the reverse.

I use the range of apps & tools available. I file many bug/feature reports of things I'd like changed. I get my work done daily. And I try & help here as I can, as so much of my workflow & practices were learned from wonderful (and sometimes short & direct!) replies here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I was just surprised as I did not understand that something that was quite useful was taken out... I have tons and I mean tons of footage of a 5 year doc, that I all get translated ad subtitles externally, then bring it back with a external software called Premiere SRT (for ehich I need a prtl file), this workflow was just great... and now I cannot update it anymore, I have to use the prtl file I have forever... well... at least I can still work, was just wondering why it was gone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've no clue why they removed the prtl capability at this point, as ... to me it doesn't make sense. But I know nothing of the thought pattern or the code, and for all the two engineers who have amazingly been on the forum to discuss this have shared a lot, why that was pulled ... they haven't said. I do think they assume most people are aware of or comfortable to work multiple versions, so maybe ... it just didn't seem a big deal. For their view, perhaps, it's so easy to save prtl's in the previous version & import & share at need ... I don't know.

At some point in the not-too-distant future the EGP is going to be so far past the old titler it wouldn't make sense to include much of it anymore. Which does mean continuing projects can require extra work to update them. Huge pita.

So yea, create prtl's in 2015. Import to 2017 & it seems, beyond. And perhaps you might consider just working that project in the 2015 version, do other stuff in the newer version. Very common to work that way.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't wan to have to use multiple versions - just to get the job done. The new version should just work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted, I think it was "less than optimal" for the team to remove the template capability from the old Titler. That said, the EGP can do a lot of things now the Titler can't and never could have done. But when you know how to work one tool, it's adequate, and you don't want to have to learn a very different one ... this is a royal pain.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines