Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Transcribe "In Point To Out Point Only" Error

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the Transcription tool for a little while now with no issues since the initial bugs when it was released. I am on the latest version of PP. At the moment, I am attempting to transcribe just a portion of what is on my sequence via the "in point to out point only" check box. For some strange reason, when I check that box, "Transcribe" greys out, and I can't seem to solve it.Transcribe_In to Out Only_Greyed Out.png

I've tried modifying the in and out points, but I still get the same result. I've also tried checking and unchecking all of the other boxes, selecting a different language, etc. Nothing seems to unlock the Transcribe button. Thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

I've solved it. I realized that when I set my outpoint at the end (instead of the beginning) of the last frame, it actually picks up a frame of black - so, technically out of bounds, as you put it. I've always wondered why Adobe has it set up like this. By chance, do you know why they have it built this way?Transcribe_In To Out Only_Greyed Out_Timeline.pngTranscribe_In To Out Only_Greyed Out_Timeline Outpoint-1Transcribe_In To Out Only_Greyed Out_Timeline Outpoint-1Transcribe_In To Out Only_Greyed Out_Timeline Outpoint-2Transcribe_In To Out Only_Greyed Out_Timeline Outpoint-2

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had not seen this issue before. I suspect it is new since the workflow was changed slightly to avoid certain errors with in/out transcribing.

You must set BOTH an in point and an outpoint. If you set only an in point, the shading indicates that the implied end point is past the end of the sequence. If you set an out point only, it looks like there is an in point at the beginning of the sequence, but in fact there is no actual in point.

If you set an in point and out point, but the out point is past the end of the sequence, you also get the warning in  your screenshot. You do not appear to get such a warning if the video starts after an in point - I suspect because in such a case, the sequence still begins at zero.

Bottom line, you will get the disabled Transcribe button (and the warning - in/out out of bounds) if your out point is out of bounds OR if there is no "in" or no "out" point set.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've solved it. I realized that when I set my outpoint at the end (instead of the beginning) of the last frame, it actually picks up a frame of black - so, technically out of bounds, as you put it. I've always wondered why Adobe has it set up like this. By chance, do you know why they have it built this way?Transcribe_In To Out Only_Greyed Out_Timeline.pngTranscribe_In To Out Only_Greyed Out_Timeline Outpoint-1Transcribe_In To Out Only_Greyed Out_Timeline Outpoint-1Transcribe_In To Out Only_Greyed Out_Timeline Outpoint-2Transcribe_In To Out Only_Greyed Out_Timeline Outpoint-2

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines