Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transcribe sequence not available

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , 

Im new to premier pro so Im trying to do the tutorial. Problem is, my interface is missing what the tutorial is showing me. The tutorial is saying i should be able to "transcribe sequence" but i do not see that option. Anywhere. I posted a screenshot. i tried closing premier and reopening it and that didnt help. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have a mismatch between the tutorial and your version. What version of PR are you using?

To see the transcription options, click on the Transcript Tab of the Text Panel.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im usuing premier pro 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of 2023? There was a big change with 23.4 (and 23.5). The new versions allow "text-based editing" and add "source media transcription" to the original sequence transcription (now called a "static transcript").

Relevant help files:

Text-Based Editing | FAQs
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/text-based-editing-faq.html

Text-Based Editing in Premiere Pro
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/text-based-editing.html

Working with captions
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.html

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked and Im using 23.5 build 56. I would like to take a moment to thank you for your help. i noticed an article on the forums that describes my issue perfectly. He resolved it by resetting his interface. Do you think this would be a good idea? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-pro-15-0-transcribe-sequence-button...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@marque lamar,

That solution was for a different issue.

@caroline_edits has the simple solution for what you see. But get an up to date tutorial. There's one in my second link above.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks bud. I appreciate you. Maybe thats the solution all along. An outdated tutorial. I'll give it a spin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, welcome to Premiere Pro! Happy to help. Try switching to the Transcript tab in the Text panel and see if transcription options appear. After it's transcribed, you can switch to the Captions tab and make captions from it. Here's your screenshot! I put a box around the Transcribe tab. 

discussion board.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I tried this, but I do not see the button "transcribe sequence" anywhere. i have another screenshot. If you zoom in you will be able to see transcribe sequence on the left. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines