• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trimming Question: How to Move the Tail of Clip by Extending the Head

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm probably not phrasing this right, but what I'm looking to do and can't find an answer to is:

I want to preform a trim where I  move where the outpoint of a clip is in the sequence by extending the head of the clip without changing the current last frame of the clip.  I did this in avid when I had a Pink roller in the inside of a clip at the head and another pink roller on the outside of the tail end of the clip (pictured below, though I use the yellow roller tool to do this), but I haven't found a way to do this with the PP trim tools.  I've found work arounds, but is it possible to do this & if so how?  Thanks for the help.

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 2.31.35 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

USe cmd+shift to select the edit points (same sides of edit point as Avid). Though this will depend on your settings in Preferences>Trim.

Once selected you can use alt+Left/right arrows to trim 1 frame. (Hold shift to increase number of frames)

Trimming.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here are all info you need concerning Premiere Pro editing tools:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/panels.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

USe cmd+shift to select the edit points (same sides of edit point as Avid). Though this will depend on your settings in Preferences>Trim.

Once selected you can use alt+Left/right arrows to trim 1 frame. (Hold shift to increase number of frames)

Trimming.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Mike!

Is there anyway do this with dragging/mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not in front of my machine at the moment but once yellow trim indicators are selected: you should be able to drag with mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines