• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off audio preview

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old mac os 10.9 computer w/ premier 2015. When I import video files, Premiere automatically generates a preview (the status bar appears on the bottom right of the timeline). This is taking up too much space in my cache folder, and since I don't need audio I wonder if there's a way to turn this off.

I'm trying to import huge video files to export a few clips with an old computer. So it would help a lot if I could turn this off.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi krumlin,

In Premiere Pro you won't be able to disable the media cache generation but you can disable the Automatic audio waveform generation.

To do this click Premiere Pro (in the menu bar) > Preferences > Audio and uncheck the option for Automatic audio waveform generation.

Please note that because of unchecking this option the audio waveforms will no longer be generated on the timeline.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines