• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI Colors -- Equivalent of PF_AppGetColor for PPro ?

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Does anyone know the equivalent of PF_AppGetColor from AE SDK of PPro ?I would like to get the UI Colors (in Settings -> Appearance), I can't use AE SDK because I cannot create a AEGP_SuiteHandler out of thin air, I need a const struct SPBasicSuite    *pica_basicP that I would only get if I'm a AE plugin. And the PPro documentation doesn't have this kind of information in PrSDKAppInfoSuite.h

Thanks in advance,

Antoine

-------------------- AfterCodecs (Fast Exporter & Workflow Tools) and BRAW Studio (Fully featured Blackmagic RAW Importer & Panel Suite) for Adobe CC
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

So there's no way of getting / setting as much information as with Panel / ExtendScript from C++ ?

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added your vote to (existing) API feature request DVAPR-4207134. It's unlikely for our NAB release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer Bruce.

It's not that urgent but yes it would be nice. Isn't there a way I can retrieve them via ExtendScript ? I don't think I can access CSInterface() via C++ ExtendScript calls. If I could then I would be able to retrieve appSkinInfo right ?

Thanks !

-------------------- AfterCodecs (Fast Exporter & Workflow Tools) and BRAW Studio (Fully featured Blackmagic RAW Importer & Panel Suite) for Adobe CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't there a way I can retrieve them via ExtendScript ?

No, but your panel's JavaScript can get csInterface.hostEnvironment.appSkinInfo, and make that info available to your ExtendScript code.

I don't think I can access CSInterface() via C++ ExtendScript calls.

I don't know what a  "C++ ExtendScript call" is...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I naively thought there was an equivalent of AE's AEGP_ExecuteScript in PPro SDK

So there's no way of getting / setting as much information as with Panel / ExtendScript from C++ ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, unfortunately PPro doesn't implement the getters for all the UI colors.  But if it's just the background color of the Effect Controls panel that you need to add custom parameter controls, you should be able to get that using PF_AppGetBgColor().  To acquire the suite from PPro, rather than using AEGP_SuiteHandler, you can use AEFX_SuiteScoper as demonstrated in the SDK_Noise sample.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines