Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ultimate FIXES for Premiere Pro

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dear Premiere Pro users,

I hope with this message to help you all fix a few problems with Premiere Pro.

I apologize for the lengthy post.

After being in contact with the highest tier of Adobe tech support since November 2023 and not getting anywhere. I figured out what was wrong with our entire fleet of computers; fixed the issues; tried the solutions again and again, and came up with this list.

Disclaimer:

This might not work for all of you, but it worked for our entire fleet of PC. I just hope this can help a little bit.

Explanation of the problems since November 2023:

I own 3 companies and I build my PC to make sure that they are at the maximum power and speed based on what I need them to do. 4 video cards, latest CPU, galore of RAM, etc etc... All PCs are always up to date and the more powerful the PC, the more Premiere would not work.

(I won't bore with the details of what we tried and did not work...but we tried everything, to the point that we migrated all our production to DaVinci Resolve). 

Note:
This is not a rant against PP and the migration was necessary because PP just doesn't work for large productions, as their focus seems to be AI and small social media edits. This is what I gather from what I see, what I tested on featured movies and TV shows, and from the obsolete engine of PP. This is just my opinion.

Solutions:

1.  Premiere Pro came back to life after removing an external hard drive plugged into the USB backport. The HDD works fine, but for some reason I cannot explain why PP did not like the HDD (shrug). The problem was an eternal loading and crashing. To answer your question, NO, No file was ever on that HDD.

So REMOVE ALL attached DRIVES and any USB connection and PP should come back to life (tested on 4 PC)

2.  Unplug all screens except for the main one. PP does not like a lot of screens. I have about 6 Screens on one PC and another PC with 3 screens. After unplugging every screen, PP reduced the crashes to a phenomenal ZERO, compared to a 100% crash every time I opened a file.

Tested on 6 PCs. True and verified. I came to this "illumination" after I asked myself what do the older computers have that the new ones don't...and it was not what they HAVE but it was what they DON'T HAVE. For some reason no matter if the GPU was a 2060, 2080, 3080, 4080, 4090, or multiple, they all do not stand multiple screens.

(Again...this is what has happened to me, if haters are out there ready to jump at my jugular I'm just stating what happened and how I fixed it.)

3. Use the ESSENTIAL workspace, and RESET to DEFAULT. Then REMOVE the Learn and Library panels to lighten as much as possible the UI. The speed increased tremendously; crashes ZERO; scrubbing at the speed of light; conforming clips check; export full TV series in minutes compared to tens of hours

4.  Give AS MUCH RAM as you can to the Adobe applications and close all other ones in the background

5.  Last, when exporting, be sure that the export settings can support HARDWARE ACCELERATION so you can use your GPU if powerful enough, some settings can switch to SOFTWARE ONLY and this means that your GPU or GPUs will be sleeping and elongating endlessly the export.

I hope this helps others as much as it has helped me in the last month.

Cheers

Sergio

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't question the troubles you've had. But for additional/alternate data:

I've currently got a Ryzen 3960x 24 core with 128Gb of RAM. Twin internal Nvme drives, one for OS/Programs, the other for all cache files. I run PrPr and Resolve daily. Some use of both Ae and Au also. I have an older computer that used to be my 'main' but is now a backup, still used occasionally. Plus a laptop.

On the desktop, I've run four screens in PrPro for several years with zero crashes. First a 1060, now a 2080Ti.

I've always had both a ton of internal drives, and external via USB3 for both SSDs and large spinners. Never had an issue with them.

I've used the Productions mode of Premiere for about three years now, and it is built to handle large multi-operator projects like long-form and episodic, and is used heavily for that around the world. It's also the best way to run a small one-person operation like mine, as all my b-roll, sound library, graphics, everything, is available on all projects for all clients. Smoothly, no duplications or anything, no glitches, it just works.

So ... this all depends on so many frickin' variables. Maddening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines