Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import mp4 into Premiere Pro CC

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have downloaded a trial of Premiere Pro CC, as I want to move from my current Mac setup from 2011 to a new PC setup that would be more powerful. Before purchasing, I wanted to test to see if there were any issues with the new version compared to CS5, which I currently use.

Anytime I try to drag an MP4 into Premiere Pro CC, it tells me the file has no audio or video, yet CS5 has no issues importing the same exact file.

Is there something that I am missing that is causing the CC version to not be compatible or is this a PC vs Mac issue?

All of the files are recorded from various AverMedia capture devices.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You have to remove the extension .mov and instead of that put mp4.

Can you go to program file-adobe-common-plug in-7.0

Check how many plug ins does it show under the folder and does it show any for Aver Media or Extreme Cap.

Thank You

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It only shows "MediaCore" in Plug-ins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please go inside media core and check.

Do you have cs6 installed on your computer?

Thank You

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing inside Mediacore.

No, I dont have CS6 installed. I only have a Mac version. This is the first time trying to get premiere working on the PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you have the plug ins installed from AverMedia installed that were made for cs6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but the Plug In is only for direct capturing in Premiere Pro. It doesn't have any effect on bringing in imported videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent you a personal message.

Thank You

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try one more thing, try to transcode the file through a third party convertor. You can transcode it in mp4 or mov.

Thank You

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If I use HandBrake to transcode the file, it loads correctly into Premiere (I used a very small test file), but when working with files that are 20-40 gigs each at that high quality will add 2-3 hours to each project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for updating us, it is a codec related issue which i believe is not supported by premiere pro. On the above post I saw that the file is showing 0 frames per second.

Can you try and use any other third party convertor and check if it can provide you a file in lower size.

Thank You

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying that an older version of Premiere Pro on Mac and PC supports it, yet the new version does not.

That pretty much settles the debate about going past the 30 day trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please upload the file somewhere and share the link with me i will test the file on both the versions of premiere pro as well as both the platforms.

thank you

arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recorded a quick 10 second clip.

You can find it here: www.selectbutton.com/20140919153542.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Kevin Mitchell wrote:

So you are saying that an older version of Premiere Pro on Mac and PC supports it, yet the new version does not.

That pretty much settles the debate about going past the 30 day trial.

If you are recording game play, these particular screen captures might have a variable frame rate. Premiere Pro does not support variable frame rate video. However, if you are saying that the very same files are playing back in Premiere Pro CS5, then that seems a little strange.

If you have time, please try a test by conducting the screen capture with a fixed frame rate, like 30fps. See if the file will then be able to be imported into Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I ran a video inspector earlier on in this thread, which said the files were Constant Frame rate. But yes, I can use CS6 on a Mac, and have been for some time with these videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been the same problem that has been in effect since adobe CC 2014 came out.

I reguarly hold GoToMeeting Video conferences, I record the screen via a separate computer by mirroring the monitor from the organizer mac via a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter, I feed the HDMI mirrored output to an Avermedia Live Gamer portable which USB2.0 goes into a macbook pro and records it via the Avermedia RECenter software. The resulting MP4 are playable in ANY media browser including Quicktime, VLC, Windows media player (I use bootcamp too so I have access to both OS), and media player classic, all play the MP4s just fine. But when I import these MP4s into premiere pro CC 2014, which I have a cloud subscription for ALL adobe products, the MP4 video clps show as a green screen, a frame rate of .1 or something of that nature, and no matter how they get interpreted the MP4 will not work in that version of premiere. However premiere pro CC loads them PERFECTLY fine...  So why is this? I am in OSX Mavericks 10.9.5 with Adobe Cloud subscription. I don't want the previous CC suite installed on my computer JUST because CC 2014 can't handle a simple MP4... there has to be an update or some kind of fix that can be done??? I will gladly upload a small file for you to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the 2014.1 update (aka 8.1) that was released today. One of the bugs fixed is "Some .mp4 have green frames and 'static' garbage when played in Source Monitor."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAY!!!! IT WORKS! VERY happy Adobe Team, THANK YOU! The new CC2014.1 update for premiere allows me to finally edit my files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outstanding! Nice to get ALLCAPS because someone is happy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... well it's nice that somethings finally work... now are you guys going to support Blackmagic RAW? The workflow currently sucks.. I have to process the RAW in Davinci, transcode out a lossy, edit the lossy in premiere, export edl, import back into Davinci... a whole lot of headache and time spent... if premiere supported it natively, it'd make MANY blackmagic owners very happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well, that warm-fuzzy feeling was nice while it lasted...

www.adobe.com/go/wish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will attempt to re-install the trial and try again. If not, I will be moving back to Sony Vegas, which has no problems with the files on PC, and stick to CS6 on Mac, which also has no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, remove the extension mp4 instead of mov.

thank you

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great call to rename folder! THANX!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers, glad it worked!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines