Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown audio tracks

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem with a DVD author that I am doing in Encore cs6.

My author has different audio tracks:

Track 1 Spanish

Track 2 English

Track 3 Catalan

Track 4 Frances.

I correctly name each audio track with the software but when I record it and see it on my DVD player when I change the audio tracks, Track 1 identifies me as Spanish but the rest (Track 2,3 and 4) gives me an unknown track. it does not identify the language it is in spite of indicating it in Encore.

What I can be doing wrong?

I would greatly appreciate your help

a greeting

Martha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not at home and can't send links. This problem reported as early as CS5/2011, but not consistent and no pattern.

I just tested a simple project and got your results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Martha

This is down to how things are handled in the player itself.

When you change audio tracks using the remote control AUDIO button, it only "knows" what the currently playing stream is on a huge number of DVD & Blu-ray players, my Oppo BDP-105 included. This is because text support is just very rarely - if ever- implemented as it is an optional spec component that is quite complex to add.

So they don't.

As long as the disc goes to the correct streams from your Audio Options menu all is good - and you should also find that if you scroll down to the first "unknown" audio stream and select it, it will become identified immediately as it's NavPack has now been loaded.

Can you give this a try & post back please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines