Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unspecified Drawing Error

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Error.jpg

I currently run a modest post production company with multiple Adobe CC seats.  Recently I have come across this error.

The project is a simple 2 camera multicam sequence and I keep receiving this "Unspecified Drawing Error".  Has anyone else come across this and have a solution to fix it?  I am not sure if it will affect my render, but it is coming up periodically.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

I too have experienced this issue when in a multicam timeline with show audio time units selected. Confirmed as an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Jim_Simon, that was the first thing I tried. Previously this solution had fixed similar issues with After Effects. However no luck this time with Premiere.  Appreciate the prompt response though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

I've noticed issues when using the automatic multi-cam creation method.  Maybe try the following instead.  I've noticed superior performance when done this way.

Manual Multi-Camera Method

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for the response.  I have used that method with all my multicams.  I dont trust the automatic multicam, I tried it once and hated it.  I have more control with the manual multicam method.  We do a bunch of multicam edits, and this is the first one that has given me issues.  I have completed 15 multicams since the last adobe update, as well as multiple gpu updates.  This is the first project that is giving me grief.  I am at a loss as to what the issue/difference is with this one.

The process is the same.  I have cleaned all caches and even pointed to a new SSD but no luck.  I just dont understand the "unspecified" part and don't completely understand what a "drawing error" is.

I do appreciate the response again. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have found the issue.

My multicam sequence timeline was set to show audio time units.  I have since unchecked this and haven't had an unspecified drawing error since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have experienced this issue when in a multicam timeline with show audio time units selected. Confirmed as an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, well. over a year later.... out of the blue, "unspecified drawing error."  Win 10, multi camera (4).,( premiere cc 2018, "Ver 12.1, Kentos).. found this thread ... went to "..audio units;" it was unchecked, so checked it and problem disappeared. Unchecked it again, no problem.  Hopefully OK.

Thank you very much people; without this thread, I probably would still be worried (altho nothing seemed to happen other than the message).

A personal note. I have been at this with Adobe for a very long time (started when it was at the bottom of the status heap), but really am not proficient at it because of the lack of time (and getting old); problems get solved like above, often by "chance."  "Dr." Simon has always been a good help, if sometimes a little harsh.

What is bothering me now to the extent that I would probably quit if something better came along, is the video-card problem. It is a PIA with my muti camera; I assumed bec of its antiquated nature; but if I read the threads correctly it is so deeply embedded in the Adobe system, that spending $$ that I don't have won't help.

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too. In my case it occurs when I try to add any title from Graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error-01-01.png I have this error message and it is not related to multi cam it occurs when i select all videos and audios on timeline 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this an answer? I have this error message and it is not related to multi cam it occurs when I add a title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @zoltans51768737
I'm getting this for no reason that I can determine- except perhaps a corruption in the project? 
Mostly just a nuisance, however it does cause my bin colums to flicker and be ilegible. 
All drivers and CC up to date.

Unspcified Drawing Error.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually what does seem to invoke the problem is when I mazimize my project/bin frame with the ` key.
It does not seem to happen without that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look, I've used premire for 2 or so years atthis point, and I'm switching to davinci resolve, just because of extensive problems I've had with this program and it's inherent limitations and nonstop neccessity for additional plugins.

Now, for this problem, I followed the steps found in this thread ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/input-contract-violation-every-time-i-try-to-create-a-ti... )

After that, I realized the problem was a selection of 6 different audiofiles, that I grouped together, and in fixing it, I went to an older save (I have premiere autosaving every 2 minutes since it is such a buggy mess), and then first thing I did was go and ungroup those audio files before cutting them.

I also had the timline showing audiounits when cutting the first time when they were grouped and I got this game ending error, so i turned that off as well. It seems to be chugging again, but what a mess, that what, I've paid over 1.5k on, when I could used a simpler product or invested in davinci sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines