• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

*urgent* need solution to frame stutter/jump Issue

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded video using my Nikon D5 (was my first time) and the resulting videos have points where it it jumps a couple frames while I'm panning the camera; it looks like it "skips" or stutters.  I'm sure there is an answer to why this occurs but I am more interested in how to cover this up using Adobe Premiere Pro. It only happens once or twice in any clip.  I'm looking for a way to cover this up Or smoothen it out somehow. I searched the web for a solution to this but all I ended up with were suggestions to use morph cut, which turns out to only be for use with people.  I am beginner level with Adobe Premiere Pro but I am competent enough to take advantage of more advance techniques given some good instruction. I would imagine that there is some kind of transition I could use to fix this but I am not familiar enough with the software to know what options I have.  This is a time-sensitive issue since I am preparing the video for marketing purposes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

I have uploaded a quick fix on youtube.

Contact me for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without actually seeing the issue, my first guess is either 24p judder, or you had Image Stabilization turned on.

Neither of which will be 'fixable' in post.

But those are guesses.  If we could see the footage...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response Jim. I wasn't sure what service would be best to upload the video but I have a Google Drive link to it that I can provide, I hope that helps.  The issue occurs about 4 seconds in.

Untitled.mov - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does look like an IS jump.  You can try a Morph Cut, maybe a dissolve.  But I'm skeptical you can make it perfect.  Not all things are fixable in post, and sometimes a shot is just ruined if you don't do it right when you shoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hans204493  wrote

I searched the web for a solution to this but all I ended up with were suggestions to use morph cut, which turns out to only be for use with people.

I've actually used it on video without people successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its one fuzzy frame, might fix this with Camera de-shake blur in AE.

Or cut the frame an replace by next frame and reposition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ann+Bens  wrote

Its one fuzzy frame,.....

Or cut the frame an replace by next frame and reposition.

I had a go at doing that and I think as well as the faulty frame there may be a couple missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes Richard, there is one merged frame and three missing which I had to rebuild'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded a quick fix on youtube.

Contact me for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines