I recentrly built my new pc, i work as an editor so the speed is essential

pc components:

CPU = i9 14900k

PSU = Corsair RM1000w X

RAM = 32 gb DDR5 6000 mhz cl30 Vengeance Corsair

NVME (OS) = Gen 4 7800 mb/s 2 TB

GPU = GYGABYTE 4070 RTX OC 12GB

MOBO = MSI MAG MAX tomahawk z790

I finished my first video with this new pc and the rendering time and encoding time is taking WAY more time than my previuos pc

Previuos pc components:

CPU = i5 10400f

GPU = Nvidia GTX 1660

RAM = 32 gb DDR4

The video that i'm talking about is a simple 5 minutes video with only 5-6 dynamic links with little animations, and for render this thing it took more than an hour to the newest pc, how is it possible?

Think about a more complex video, it will take hours, and i can't wait that long, because as I said, it was more fast my old pc...

The components should render that video in few minutes and not more than an hour.

I need help please.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds weird, @FIlippocecconielp

You might want to do a clean installation of the current NVIDIA studio driver. Avoid the game ready driver. Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all, which version of Windows are you running? Windows 10 has issues with core affinity assignments on systems that have CPUs that have P-cores and E-cores, and especially when other things that also heavily utilize CPU resources are running at the same time, it is likely that Windows assigned the Premiere rendering/export processes to the efficiency cores rather than the performance cores, which slows things down significantly.

Speaking of the other programs, are you also running a Web browser at the same time? You see, modern Web browsers misuse the CPU and GPU at default settings, forcing the rendering job of Premiere Pro to the wrong set of cores (this latter can occur in Windows 11, not just Windows 10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines