• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video files in a sequence going "offline"

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an issue importing camera footage that resulted in audio only files. Tried deleting preview files and media cache. But I now see the problem is also with mp4 files previously edited into a sequence now displaying as offline. Many clips are displayed in bins with a question mark. This is a serious problem. Premiere no longer recognizes them as video files. Bad news when trying to finish a project. Is there no one at Adobe that can address this issue? I an running Mac OS 10.11 with the latest Premiere software update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only option given when trying to re-link or replace the video is to delete it, re-import the media find the exact part of the clip again and re-edit into the sequence.  This is a nightmare with dozens of short b-roll clips. Is there a viable solution to this? Makes me want to cancel my Adobe subscription and go back to Final Cut or Avid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RolandM,

Sorry for the issue. Add your comment and vote to the following bug report: Fix mp4 Importing – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the workaround? I'm having issues with this across multiple projects and .mp4 from different cameras? Every DSLR pretty much shoots in .mp4 so Premiere needs to have a stable workflow with this. I've duplicated clips, changed the extensions to .mov and even re-encoded using a third party encoder because Media Encoder doesn't see the audio only. All of these eventually go back offline. Opening a project file that is all .mp4 footage seems like I'm playing Russian roulette, I never know what will go off-line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only resolution I found was to downgrade to Premiere version 12.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines