• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Glitches Back to Beginning, Audio Out of Sync

Participant ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a weird issue in Premiere 2019 lately and downgrading back to 2018 didn't solve it. When I import .MOV footage (and even when I encode it to .MP4 H.264) the first part of the clip will play fine, then the video will "cut" and start playing the first part of the clip again. Or it will play fine and briefly flicker to another point in the clip. The audio goes on as it should, making it out of sync with the video. I have no idea why this is happening or any way of fixing it.

As you can see in the video, the audio is in sync with the video, then the video loops back to the beginning. As you can see, no cuts have been made. This is happening both with the original .MOV and ..MP4 converted files.

Any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Ok I have come up with a workaround. I found that putting the file through Media Encoder and encoding with the "YouTube 1080p Full HD" Preset outputs a file that works with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue and this is almost 2020... I would consider this a deal breaker for Adobe Premiere.. Either adobe fixes the issue or we find new software.. I should not have to convert the video to using media encoder.. This would add hours of work with each video I produce.  This is a serious issue.. not a minor bug.. this is a major bug.. Not sure why Adobe would want this bug to continue.. I am positive this is due to some update in the software that has rendered Premiere unable to properly import .MOV files... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problems too! Glad I'm not the only one but it's defitnley crippling to our workflows. I'm writing adobe about this. I was working on CS5 for years with minal issues. I thought it was finally time to upgrade and since changing to CC it's  been a crap shoot. One issue after another, this being the most current and debilitating problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe's customer service and they said that this is an issue with newer iPhones (6/7 and higher) since they use a "Variable frame rate" rather than the earlier iPhones that has a static/constant frame rate. If you go to your iPhone's options, chose camera, format, and then you should be able to change from "Highly effective/High solution" to "Compatible" or similar (My iPhone is in Swedish so I'm not really sure what the exact translation would be).
I  encoded my iPhone-clips with Handbrake to mp4 with preset: Fast 1080p30 and that seem to work like a charm.

The customer service were very helpful and they are aware of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here, YES, glad I'm not the only one BUT dissappointed to find that many people having this issue! Definitelly is an Adobe development issue, even after chatting with an Adobe assistand he couldn't help more than trying to suggest me to Render the video files before editing. In the beginiing seemed like 90% to stop the glitches, but after doing edits on the video BANG! Glitches all over the place. Adobe services are costly AND bugged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here, YES, glad I'm not the only one BUT dissappointed to find that many people having this issue! Definitelly is an Adobe development issue, even after chatting with an Adobe assistand he couldn't help more than trying to suggest me to Render the video files before editing. In the beginiing seemed like 90% to stop the glitches, but after doing edits on the video BANG! Glitches all over the place. Adobe services are costly AND bugged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you render before editing then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Blasian318,

Thank you for the question. Today's modern devices shoot HEVC or H.264 formats, and they often have a variable frame rate. Variable frame rate HEVC or H.264 is extraordinarily hard on a computer. "Render before editing" merely means to re-record ("transcode") the files to a more performant editing codec. You can create new H.264 files but with a constant frame rate. This reprocessing for the new files keeps the file size down and gives you files you can edit more smoothly. 

How to: Usually, one would use Media Encoder for this transcoding task. However, Media Encoder does not work well with variable frame rates either, so use freeware Shutter Encoder that you can download and use for the transcoding process of non-standard files. 

I like to transcode to an editing codec, like ProRes LT, but, fair warning, the file sizes are much larger.

I hope the advice helps you. Please return with any questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the same issue! I recorded all my footage in 4K, so will encoding the footage in that format compress the video? Or better yet is there an option to set to 4K?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness this ended up working!

Life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found a final solution! This guy has it: https://youtu.be/vfioVs2kYsM

Convert your video to MXF (Format: DNxHR/DNxHD MXF OP1, Resolution DNxHR HQ 8-bit) and fix the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gustav,

Transcoding to an editing codec often fixes such problems, yes. Thanks for sharing.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the first thing I tried before hitting the forums because I know how dubious lossy/VBR codecs are in Premiere. Strangely, the YouTube preset and the VLC workaround have worked... but not consistently. Some start working after the YouTube preset conversion, others didn't work until I chugged them through VLC.

Dumping the cache maybe made the VLC converts work better?

None of these work-arounds seem to be the magic bullet for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having this issue today, only problem is I'm not using any iPhone footage like others are. I cleared the cache like one of the videos suggested. This is such a crazy glitch for Adobe to have and not having a patch for it is mind blowing to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, rendering in to out solved the problem (press "I" at point of start od video and "O" at the end, then go to > sequence > render in to out)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, ive had this problem for ageeees, with different clips. Its just a bad luck i guess, because what i found working for me was uploading the file again from the original source. So if i recorded woth my camera i had to reupload onto my computer to then import into the program. If it does that glitch again, it is at another but of the clip, so I just reupload again from my camera until it works. I dont know much about this, but I guess its some sort of error at the point of importing to the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines