• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vignette in Lumetri causes crash

Advocate ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a project that has an Adjustment Layer over a portion of the Timeline, and it has a Lumetri Effect applied. The only thing activated in the effect is the Vignette. Playing or scrubbing along the Timeline causes an nVidia driver crash, then recovery, but Premiere crashes as well.

I initially had 'accelerated Intel h.264 decoding' enabled, but even with it disabled, it crashes.

I've uninstalled all Red Giant plugins, but still crashes.

However...

I can remove the Lumetri Vignette, and no crash.

I can remove the Adjustment Layer that has the Vignette applied, and no crash.

I can disable CUDA - no crash.

I can place the Lumetri Vignette directly on the underlying media clips, instead of using the Adjustment Layer - no crash.

I initially had nVidia driver 375.70(the latest) running, but have done clean rollbacks to 375.63 and 373.06. Crash occurs on each. I've now gone back to 375.70 since it doesn't seem to be a version issue.

I'm at a loss. This just began suddenly. I have recently installed 2017 just to try out, but kept 2015.4 which I'm using for current work.

Asus P6X58D Premium

Core i7 950

24GB RAM

nVidia GeForce GTX 770

Windows 7 Premium 64bit

System Drive(OS, Projects) - WD Caviar Black 500GB

2nd Drive(Pagefile, Media Cache) - SSD 150GB

Media Drive(Media Files, Previews) - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive)

Matrox MX02 Mini

Adobe CC (Premiere 2015.4)

QuickTime 7.7.9

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, Day 3 of troubleshooting Adobe software. Sure wish that I could at least get medical insurance from them!

In addition to the steps in my initial post, I have now -

Uninstalled all plugins.

Cleared plugin cache.

Trashed Preferences.

Transcoded my single video clip to DnxHD.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere Pro CC 2015.4

Reverted my nVidia driver all the way back to 373.06

I have narrowed down what is causing the issue, or at least what conditions trigger it.

I have a very simple timeline, two green screen clips keyed with Ultra Key and a PSD background. I nest each clip in order to place a Lumetri Vignette on it. All is well until I place a transition between the two nests. The transition can be a Cross Dissolve, doesn't seem to matter. When the CTI hits the dissolve, the nVidia driver fails, then recovers, but Premiere also fails and closes. If I disable CUDA, it works fine. What I've discovered is that if I delete the Ultra Key effect, the issue doesn't occur. Conversely, if I disable the Lumetri Vignette, the issue doesn't occur. If I adjust any other Lumetri Effect settings, the issue doesn't occur. It only happens with the Vignette/Ultra Key combination.

I'd appreciate if someone else could try this setup and see if they can duplicate the issue. I have 2 other machines with Premiere installed, but no CUDA, so I can't try it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines