• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to love it but...

Explorer ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the new PPro 2017.1 to work so bad but I am again let down. I am hoping some experts here may know the answers. I have been using PPro since before CS1 so I have seen many updates and am always cautious when upgrading to not do during any project and never delete the stable previous version. I am still using 2015.4 and have been happy with it as it is rock solid for me. I had problems with the first release of 2017 (same problem I am about to describe) and was hoping for a better result with the 2017.1

For starters, this is a brand new project so no old baggage. The project footage is from a Canon camcorder HF G20

So I load my footage in and do a multi camera edit with 2 angles and all goes smooth as butter. Decide to take care of some other business before I render out the final file so I save and shut down PPro. Come back two hours later and have lost the footage. Red Media placeholder! go to "find" the footage and it opens up right to the folder the footage is in (and still in) and i click it to link it and get the following error message

The selected file does not contain audio media used by clip references in one or

more sequences. These audio clip references will be deleted and cannot be

undone. Do you want to continue?

I also cant bring in that type of clip anymore with an audio track, only the video comes in. I am not having this issue with any of my Sony cameras?

I had the same issues with the previous release. Yes I have cleared the media cache. I am a bit stumped as I want to use the new version but am having trouble trusting it with anything at the moment. I am including a couple screenshots for reference.

PPro problem 1.JPG

PPro problem 4.JPG

PPro problem 5.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

you need to rename the folder where your media located.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help.....Anyone.........?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to rename the folder where your media located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You! that worked great! so how come changing the folder name fixed that??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines