• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer offsets frame location

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 13.1.5- working in a triptych layout for a museum installation. Full HD has been shrunk to 33%. I have left, center and right images laid out for color correction and tweaks.

I applied the Warp Stabilizer to a center screen image with these settings:

Result: Smooth Motion

Smoothness- 50%

Method - Position, Scale, Rotation

Preserve Scale- unchecked

Borders>Framing- Stabilize, Crop, Auto-Scale

Auto-scale (112.5%)

I've converted the project to Premiere 14 to do final review. At the point where this stabilized screen appears it shifts to the upper left during playback. When I stop playback, it appears right back where it belongs, centered and flush with flanking screens.

Whaaa?

I don't use WP too often in this show. But now I have to check to see if other screens are affected.

Although I dislike the"new"Cloud Desktop app's layout as intensely as most users, at least it lists both previous and new iterations of the apps. I'm thinking this will be extremely important. Unless I'm mistaken, you have some effects translation work to do in 14 before releasing it?

UPDATE- This phenomenon happens in13.1.5 as well!!

In each case, I made a DUPLICATE TIMELINE to rescale each screen to full frame for export. And before I do any of that, I review it and I see the WP screen behaves exactly the same way in the DUPLICATE timeline.

Whaaa?

Best, as always,
Loren

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Hello @lorenm84878416,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug, and I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more information from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still experiencing this issue in December 2021. Adobe how can you spend $1.2 billion to acquire frame.io, ostensibly to enable video workflow, yet you can't fix the bugs plaguing your own video editing software?! What are you doing!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mert Bengisu Thanks for saving my life.. the tip worked. i just cant believe i am so dependent on this ****** software and paying subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy s***! Setting the scale to 50.1 works perfectly thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Setting the scale to 50.1 worked for me. Before I read this thread I noticed that I could watch it "normally" if I set the playback resolution to 1/2. Maybe that is a clue, although I have no idea why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue with latest premiere and 6K blackmagic footage. None of the scale up by .01% tricks are working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Gustavo, I never had this problem before until today. and for some reason 50.1 scale worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been driving me crazy. Happening on 6k and 4k BMPCC footage in 1080p timeline. After warp stabilizer applied, I changed scale in motion to 50.1 as suggested and boom! Bug is gone. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 3/15/22 - this bug is still occuring!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening in version 22.3. Unreal how long this has gone on for. I tweeted at Adobe customer support and I'm hoping that Engineering gets their heads out of the sand and addresses this. https://twitter.com/AdobeCare/status/1514711917532786694

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, with the new import and export interfaces in PR22.3, it should be clear as a bell that Adobe simply doesn't care about addressing the issues or shortcomings that affect us most. I can picture a Pr staff member saying... "Bug in Warp Stabilizer? Yawn! But did you see the new, completely overhauled interfaces we designed?! Yeah, we're proud to waste our limited resources on things no one asks us for while ingnoring the most pressing issues!" At this point, it almost feels as if the Pr team has contempt for us users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue for ages too and just dealt with it... finally wanted to fix it!
The 50.1% scale didn't work for me unfortunately

Turning on "High Quality Playback" in the program monitor settings did fix it though... so maybe try that?

might help narrow down why its happening in the first place too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

June 2022. Still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening Jully 2022 lmao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this for years and got to the point where I very, very rarely use it as it's not worth the agro in a quick turn around environment.

I have noticed...if it helps the engineers to fix this bug, that if I stabilise a 4K shot in a 4K sequence it's fine...but a 4K shot in a HD sequence suddenly jumps to the corner.

I try to stay away from nesting in quick turn around as that causes it's own bugs and issues with exporting times and not crashing on export....and like most people have said....we pay so much for the license that we shouldn't keep having work arounds for bugs when they're happy to revamp the user interface which no one has asked for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@henry
A better workaround than nesting is to increase the scale by 0.1. Any scale other than 50, such as 50.1, solves the issue. If you get Excalibur, the #1 plugin for Pr, you can create a macro and give it a keyboard shortcut. I have mine set to Ctrl Shift W. With just that one shortcut, I increase the scale by 0.1, add the WS effect, and I add a marker with the text 'Stabilized' so that I know which clips in my timeline are stabilized! It works amazingly well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a thing in Version 23.0.0. What the ****? Increasing the scale to 50.1 does not work anymore btw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a thing. Can someone post here a short tutorial on how to solve it? Was not very clear from the comment section. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this 💪🏼Hope it's helpful

2:20min is one of the solutions you guys mention in the comment section I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ2Xv9ofVpA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All above offset issue is fixed, and fix available in the Beta build : 23.4 build 28,  And this fix will be available in the next 23.4 Release build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @lorenm84878416,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug, and I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more information from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines