• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Waveform not showing up premiere cc2017

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have automatic waveforms enabled in preferences and show waveforms checked under the toolbox.

This seems to be related to having a longer clip but the waveform is absolutely flat even though the audio plays back properly.

Hard to believe a bug like this slips by your QC process but then again, I have to scroll my window back and forth to get adobe indesign to updated pdf objects embedded in my document and in photoshop the keyboard shortcuts don't work until I click destructively in the document somewhere.

Needless to say, not impressed with the product since you've switched over to the rental model but can you please fix rudimentary bugs ?!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

It's not being reported here in the kinds of numbers expected if it were a genuine bug, though.  We regulars can't duplicate the problem, which suggests it's a local issue.

Look at it this way.  If you're stuck on calling it a bug, you can report it below and then live with it until (and if) Adobe ever fixes it.  Or...you can work with us to try and solve the issue that you're experiencing but we aren't.

Editor's choice.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to contact Customer Service and let them have a look at your computer.

Meanwhile make sure the graphic card has the latest driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really more of a user forum.  To report genuine bugs, you'll need the following.

Given the lack of consensus on this issue, my thinking is that it's not so much a bug with the software.  One thing you mentioned is that it tends to happen on longer files, which will take longer to conform.  You'll want to make sure that conforming process in finished, as indicated by the blue progress bar in the lower right corner that shows up immediately after importing footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not the driver. It shows up on every other project, just not the one with this particular clip. And when I say long, i'm talking 7 minutes, not 2 hours. My drivers are updated to the latest nvidia offering. Conforming process finished. I was editing the file for 20 minutes.

It rendered the waveform of my separate audio track in seconds. It's just a bug in the software and it's ridiculous that adobe is letting software out with type of basic bug in it. This is exactly what everyone feared when they went to the rental business model. I defended them but I can no longer do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

What camera was used for the problematic media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

canon hd200, mts file. Same format as all my other clips where the audio waveform shows up.

I just discovered that if I close and reopen the premiere proj file, the waveform shows up. At least there's a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm unable to find that model.  There's an XF200 and an HF200.  JVC makes an HD200.

Can you recheck that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's an hf200, sorry about the typo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

Try Step 2b below.  Report back.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, i've been using this media with premiere pro for years. No issue with the media, the format or the file. As I said before , when I quit and reload the project the waveform shows up. It's a bug, plain and simple.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug only you seem to be having, though.  Which makes it difficult to solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen waveform failing to show up if i dont have any patients for the pek files to get generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, we all get that.  But that's not a bug, and according to Jack, doesn't apply here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon, do a google search. It ain't just me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not being reported here in the kinds of numbers expected if it were a genuine bug, though.  We regulars can't duplicate the problem, which suggests it's a local issue.

Look at it this way.  If you're stuck on calling it a bug, you can report it below and then live with it until (and if) Adobe ever fixes it.  Or...you can work with us to try and solve the issue that you're experiencing but we aren't.

Editor's choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.. why was this case classified as answered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem with a nested sequence. It's clearly a bug, that's not been eradicated in CC18 either :-S

Come on Adobe. Hire some real coders to work on your software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just putting up my hand too, to say it seems like a bug. Happens to me mostly in new sequences created from Multicam sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regularly encounter this bug as well.

The good news is closing and re-opening the project usually fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have regularly been having this issue for years, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with cameras for me. I am currently working with a Canon c300, but am running external audio. For me it seems to be an issue with 24 bit audio and a 16 bit audio sequence.

I can't always fix it this way, but have often been able to get around the issue, by recompressing all of my audio to 16 bit audio and reconnecting to the 16 bit audio, though it is not working right now.

I can see waveforms in non-mutlicam clips, but in the multicam clips I see a line, but the audio plays back fine.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this problem with multicam clips that house multichannel wav files. I'm working with ProRes LT proxies. This couldn't be a MORE STANDARD workflow and I'm at my wit's end with this buggy stuff. It seems for me to be related to disabling peak file generation because it was crashing the opening of the project. But now that I've had it opened for several hours and tried to turn the peak file generation back on it doesn't want to create any waveforms. BUG. I've got 15 years of editing experience on 3 platforms and never do I run into more issues than on Adobe Premiere.

Deleting peak files and restarting sometimes solves this but if it's a big project it's a hassle to re-render those.

Version 12.1

Here's the same multiclip without waveforms on the left and the same clips cut in as source which display the waveform. My other project with this SAME exact footage did not do this. I had waveforms throughout the editing process:

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 6.13.39 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. The audio track must be separated from the video

2. Sequence > Render Audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines