Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird artifacts/glitchy patterns on timeline preview

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I've been editing some footage taken with iPhone 15 Pro and noticed some weird patterns with my footage recently. Sometime colorful dots, sometimes lots of tiny horizontal rectangles and flickering. They are not present in the source material or exported video. It just appears in timeline playback. And they are random. They sometimes go away when I minimize and maximize Premiere or scrub and play the clip again.

Here's a short clip that I recorded to send to my friend:  https://youtube.com/shorts/wDgZBtFSHbs 

Source material are HEVC files, 2160p and 59,94 FPS. But Premiere also says "Variable Frame Rate Detected" in the file properties window.

My system:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
ASUS B550 motherboard (latest bios)
64gb ddr4 3600mhz ram
nvidia rtx 4080 super 16gb gpu
samsung 990 pro 2tb ssd

So far I tried:
-Uninstalling Nvidia Studio drivers with DDU app and then reinstalling.

-Uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere.

-Resetting to saved layout in Premiere.

-Deleting media cache in Premiere.

-Checking power connections of the GPU, reseating GPU.

None seems to solve the issue.

I'm not sure but I've also observed similar patterns on other types of footage (Sony XAVCS) especially when I add some other clips into the mix that I downloaded from YouTube or images from the internet.

The GPU never does that when I'm playing videos outside of Premiere. It also never does that in 2D/3D apps/games. This seems to be unique to Premiere.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another video to show the issue more clearly: https://youtu.be/jwa64hFLmII 

You can see the glitch pattern on the screen when I'm viewing that clip. Pressing space and replaying it reproduces the pattern. But as soon as I switch to another clip and go back to the problematic clip, the pattern disappears... Only to reappear somewhere randomly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issues.
RTS 4080 Super 
i7 14700K 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot of the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines