Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to Premiere Pro 14.6!

Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Update.jpgPremiere Pro 14.6 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop app. This update includes new features, several bug fixes, and performance improvements. It is recommended for all users.

New features & enhancements

Quick export Pr.pngQuick Export
Quickly export your video right from within the header bar in Premiere Pro using popular or frequently used export settings. 

Support for DNxHR.pngSupport for DNxHR 444 12-bit encode and decode
Added support for DNxHR 444 12-bit decode and encode.

Fixed in version 14.6

• Keyboard shortcuts and drag and drop functionality may not work if the panels are undocked, or if the workspace is split across multiple monitors.
  • Inaccurate BPM values appear in the Essential Sound Panel for Stock Audio.
  • H.264 export of High Quality 2160 4K preset does not work properly with 60 fps sources.
  • In and Out duration in Source Monitor reflects changes when modifying timecode.
  • Improved stability when disconnecting the internet while playing audio in Essential Sound Panel.
  • Keyframes are written to sub-mix tracks during play or pause.
  • Improved compatibility with specific files from other applications.
  • Some DNxHR 8K files fail to import properly.
  • Auto Reframe fails to analyze updated sequences.

Complete documentation

New feature summary

Fixed issues

Known issues

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I think I may have found the crash report, I have been working now for 20 minutes and have had two crashes and managed to save one. Is it a .dmp file? If so I have attached it.  I wasn't sure how to attached to this so I uploaded it to my Google Drive. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IuMmnSIuZsbbe3I-hyU0Wxb7YIE06raf/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to bombard you Kevin, I just had my third crash of the day and managed to get the Apple crash report, I wondered if that would help as well, shall I attach that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was crashing like crazy and every time I tried to use a key frame it would give me these weird curved lines instead of a straight one. Had to close the program and reopen to stop it. Then it would do it again. It is also bogging down on playback which really slows my progress down on editing.  I have a MacBook Pro 16" with a  2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 processor, 64 gigs of RAM, and AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8 GB & Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB for graphic cards. I have not installed the latest OS. Still on Catalina 10.15.7 because I am heavily into a huge project and was advised against it at this time because Premier wasn't fully compatible with Big Sur yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forgot to add I downgraded to 14.5 again and still having some of the playback issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Katrina,

Sorry! Can you give us the specs of your media drive? Or are you trying to play your media off the same disk that your OS is on? I would recommend a separate high speed disk for your media that is separate from the drive housing macOS. Many people use Thunderbolt attached SSDs or RAIDs for that. 

The other issue is that you say you have a "huge" project. With any large project, you definitely would want to hold off updating Premiere Pro for that project until it is complete. Updating a large project from one project to the next can become corrupt. Please give us more details and then we can provide some ideas for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am rather frustrated with the 14.xx releases. I am unable to export any project at this point, without being on the original 14.0 release. Any other version but 14.0, I am unable to render. The render will sit at 0% and then Premiere Pro will simply crash.

I have tried a range of things, such as:

• Removing all markers (as per another issue here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/unable-to-export-in-premiere-2020/td-p/10867241?page=1)
  • Clearing media cache and pre-rendered files
  • Unchecking 'enabled hardware accelerated encoding/decoding' in Preferences
  • Creating a new project and imported the old project
  • Creating a new project from scratch and trying to export
  • Reinstalling all 3rd party plugins/not using any 3rd party plugins
  • Updating video card drivers
  • Sending exports to media encoder (this just crashes when sending to queue)
  • Rendering a Quicktime file, instead of a H.264 file (along with multiple other options)
  • Reinstalled Premiere Pro, multiple times
  • Many other things, that I have lost track of at this point...

At the end of the day, I am still comfortably working in 14.0 (with some minor bugs that I can work around). However, it would be nice to benefit from some of the updates that are being produced. All other software updates seem to be stable (AE, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.). Is there anything else I can do or try that will help at this stage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam,

So sorry! Could you please include more info on your system and media. Also, please test with a new project to make sure the project you are testing with is not corrupt or damaged. Hope we can assist!

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm unable to open an older project after updating to 14.6. Premiere Pro is crashing every time.
Mac Pro (late 2013) macOS Mojave. 

Forced to downgrade to 14.2 to reopen my older project 😔

Any advice to correct this bug?

Thanks,
Jerome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jerome, 
I have been seeing your issue these past couple of versions. Usually, the ticket is to delete preferences ahead of opening the project, as I understand it. Can you try that? Let me know what occurs.

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin,

Reseting the preferences was the key.
Everything is working fine so far.

Kind regards

Jerome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked for you, Jerome. This issue is rather annoying and it is a holdover from the last version. I will raise the issue as a priority for the team. Thanks for reporting on it and take care.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The connection between Premiere and After Effects doesn't work anymore. I can't import my After Effects files in Premiere anymore and already imported files don't work as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Patryk,

Sorry for your issue. I've seen this problem before and many times you simply need to update both applications. Can you try updating from Creative Cloud and then test if it works? Let us know what happens, OK? Hope to help.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use the newest version of all applications. They're always updated in the Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes things go awry and versions get out of sync. Can you double check manually? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashing when adding a new track? Post is here.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer has version 14.0, and when I check for updates I'm told I have the latest version.  Why don't I get the option of 14.6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bruce,

Apologies for that. Can you try signing out of the Creative Cloud application and signing back in?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, and it still tells me I am up to date with 14.0.  I got a window listing the programs I am entitled to get with my subscription, even though I already have them, so I clicked on Install Premiere Pro.  I got a window saying that Premiere Pro was installing which remained for hours with nothing happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this new release work for the 64x64 operating system? I would really like to make sure there is a fix for the bug before I go through the trouble of downloading it and going through all the troubleshooting (so much time wasted in October). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kristen,

Sorry. I am not quite sure what you are referring to. Can you expound on this problem? I apologize for having to ask.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, not a problem! I was told by Aobe that Premiere Pro 14.5 won't work on Windows Operating System 64 bit, x64-base processor. It was a known issue and that the bug was being worked on. I'm wondering if Adobe fixed the bug in this version, so I don't have to go through all the hours of troubleshooting I did with version 14.5.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little confused here, Kristen. All current versions of Premiere Pro work on Windows 10 and all modern CPUs, which are 64bit and uses the x64 based CPUs by default. Shouldn't be a bug there as this has been the case for some time now. Try it and let me know what happens. 

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I was speaking with Adobe Help Techs for 14.5, and that's what they told me. They advised me to downgrade until they fixed the bug. I just updated and tried to open the platform. It won't open, and get's hung up at the same spot - ImporterQuickTime.prm. The same issue I had with 14.5. I will downgrade and continue to wait until this bug/issue is resolved, I guess. Thank you again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me figure out why when I adjust the bezier curve on any track below a certain point, even with ease out or ease in, it is not a smooth transtion? This just started a few days ago and it's driving me nuts!

benjamink92699365_0-1606433685470.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines