Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to Premiere Pro 14.6!

Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Update.jpgPremiere Pro 14.6 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop app. This update includes new features, several bug fixes, and performance improvements. It is recommended for all users.

New features & enhancements

Quick export Pr.pngQuick Export
Quickly export your video right from within the header bar in Premiere Pro using popular or frequently used export settings. 

Support for DNxHR.pngSupport for DNxHR 444 12-bit encode and decode
Added support for DNxHR 444 12-bit decode and encode.

Fixed in version 14.6

• Keyboard shortcuts and drag and drop functionality may not work if the panels are undocked, or if the workspace is split across multiple monitors.
  • Inaccurate BPM values appear in the Essential Sound Panel for Stock Audio.
  • H.264 export of High Quality 2160 4K preset does not work properly with 60 fps sources.
  • In and Out duration in Source Monitor reflects changes when modifying timecode.
  • Improved stability when disconnecting the internet while playing audio in Essential Sound Panel.
  • Keyframes are written to sub-mix tracks during play or pause.
  • Improved compatibility with specific files from other applications.
  • Some DNxHR 8K files fail to import properly.
  • Auto Reframe fails to analyze updated sequences.

Complete documentation

New feature summary

Fixed issues

Known issues

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for your post! Yes, we are seeing this in several cases. I believe we already have a fix for the issue that will be released in an upcoming version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, no crashes in 14.6! #knockonwood

I have also noticed that all audio keyframes are automatically set to a bezier curve even though I have them set to linear. There seems to be no fix.

System:

Catalina 10.15.7 (19H15)

MacBook Pro 2016 15"

2.9 GHz i7

16GB RAM

1TB Flash storage

Project/Media Settings:

OS is on the internal ssd

Premiere project on external ssd

Media files on a different external hdd

Proxies with the project on ssd

Footage details:

Type: MXF File Size: 1.43 GB Image Size: 1920 x 1080 Frame Rate: 23.976 Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24-bit - 4 Channels Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - 4 Channels Total Duration: 00:03:59:00 Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0 Alpha: None MXF File details: Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal) File generated by: Sony, Mem (2.00) AVC Long GOP High 4:2:2 Profile 10-bit Unconstrained Coding Bitstream Format: Sony Class 50 Gamma: S-Gamut/S-Log2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi is Premiere Pro 14.6 compatible with Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im searching for the same answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AzzieScott,

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, 14.6 is compatible with macOS 11.0.1. Let us know if you see anything unexpected.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So After upgrading to MacOS 11.0.1 the playback issue I was having before with RED footage has returned. Ive PP Version 4.6, 4.7 and beta ver 14.8. You guys fixed the issue in PP 14.5 running MacOS 10.15.4. so what happened? How and why would this issue return? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made another video showing the issue: 

[video]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Azzie,

Have you filed this on User Voice yet? Keep in mind that a forum post is not a bug report. It has to be on User Voice.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin, I will do that now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have a problem with the Dynamic Link between PP to AF. It keeps saying the same message "The importer reported a generic error". Please, i need to use this DL for work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I edited a quick one minute video, shared with my team and had to reshoot. After the reshoot, I could not Import a file. I tried saving the project I'd left open and Premiere Pro stopped working. I've restarted my computer, reopened the software, tried a new project, and still cannot import a file. I do not understand why I cannot import!

Recently updated to Adobe Premiere Pro 14.6. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling next.

System:

Intel Core i7-770 CPU 3.60 GHz

16GB RAM

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with Premiere since the update, although the issues persist even when installing an older version.

I can import 1 clip to the library, drop in 1 clip to the timeline, and edit 1 clip at a time -- however, if I try to add more than 1 clip to the library or timeline the program stalls, the timeline usually disappears, the scrubby doesn't scrub, and I cannot select any options like effects or effects controls. I am using .mp4 clip files, nothing huge in size and, like I mentioned, the program works fine with one clip at a time. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I literally just did a huge editing project in Premiere with multiple clips and sequences just a week ago! So I don't know why all of a sudden things are just breaking - I thought it was the update but, like I mentioned, even uninstalling and installing an older version gives me the same issues. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The volume of the sound of the program and that of encoded are different. The volume of the BGM increases gradually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isso é um erro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the latest new premiere versions, my cpu and gpu usage are around 40 percent when rendering and rendering has been way longer than it should. Being i have a Amd Threadripper 3970x and Nvidia RTX 3080..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, a 3-hour rendering is taking much longer than normal, at this exact moment I'm rendering a video that would normally take 5 hours at most, it's in 15 hours and hasn't even arrived in half yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to ask but are you also running a AMD CPU SouTX? Give us your complete system specs, if you don't mind.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

intel core i5 - 7400 3GHz

RAM: 12GB

NVIDEO GeForce GTX 750TI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still facing this issue? SouTx?

I am not sure if you can get hardware acceleration going with that combo of hardware, Premiere Pro, and current drivers. You may want to roll back drivers first and your version of Premiere second. Let us know if it works at that time.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the render time issue when I used a lower version of premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your post L3ssrian. I will see if there's any existing bugs that are affecting similar rigs. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now if only you could get your support team to actually do their jobs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. What's the problem, Brendan? Did you contact support and they were unable to assist? Let us know if you need a specific case escalated. PM me if you like.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update, one of my projects is experiencing flashing every time the graphics come up. It's a tutorial, with on-screen instructions:

Each time an instruction shows up, the clip behind starts flashing, then stops once the graphics goes away.  Once exported, all is well. But that's not easy to work with while editing and it's not completed. Luckily, other projects seem fine but why would this happen? 

It was perfectly fine before the update. Unfortunately, this is not 'work' I can share as I do not own it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines