• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What replaced the video Channel Mixer effect?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Channel Mixer effect has been deemed, "obsolete. " I assume because of old code,  but what new effect can duplicate its features?  I use this effect to accurately and easily create monochrome RGB color seperations of color footage. (As if I shot on black and white film with an R, G, or B  filter.)  Once I have that channel seperation I use it on a layer above with the luminosoty blending mode to add customized color punch to the color footage below.    If I try to replicate this with Lumetri curves by pulling out the unwanted channels and desaturating it it does not produce the same image as the old channel mixer would.  Its density is wrong, its darker and it also does not behave properly when using a blending mode.   Is there an updated replacement for this or am I going to have to dynamic link to AE and use its channel mixer or suffer with the horrible realtime performance of the old effect? 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

If something appears in the public beta, then we'll know they have a new effect. I'm not counting on it though. At this time, you need to head over to AfterEffects if you really need the channel mixer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can use the arithmetic effect. Set the operator to Max and then use it like you would the old video channel mixer effect. There is a great tutorial by Justin Odisho: WATCH TUTORIAL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

did anyone ever get any response from Adobe as to if the channel mixer will be implemented into the newest version of PremierPro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If something appears in the public beta, then we'll know they have a new effect. I'm not counting on it though. At this time, you need to head over to AfterEffects if you really need the channel mixer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines