• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whats new in Adobe CS6 Production Premium? Im glad you asked!

Advocate ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 will surprise and delight everyone here. PrP and AE have worked on the basics and added new tools. I am so excited to see everyones reaction at NAB this year.

http://success.adobe.com/en/na/programs/events/1203_16108_nab.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 130 Replies 130
Participant ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to get too far off-topic, but Jim, you're severely under-selling yourself.  I'd let that company sell to the lowest bidder, and when they don't get the quality they're accustomed to, they'll figure out why.

Christian's rates are pretty spot-on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're severely under-selling yourself

Agreed.  But if I don't, no one buys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a serious bummer Jim. I'd say let them bid out. I just got a client back (a previously very loyal client) who really needed to shave costs and apologized profusely that they were going to have to go with another video company for a while. Well, they ended up coming back a few months down the road and saying something to the effect of "well we pretty much just threw all that money away, let's get it done right."

But I don't claim to know your market of course, it may be that your market really is a bunch of impoverished cheapskates or whatever. My suggestion then would be to move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, for me I'm just starting out and happy to have some paying jobs. Mostly I'm interested in building my reels so I can get more work. Several videographers are using me for low light situations where their gear just can't cut it. When I upgrade to 7.0 if I go that route and not some other option by that time, I hope to score on the upgade deal they are offering 5.0 subscribers to upgrade to 5.5. One friend of mine from class purchased 5.0, then upgraded to 5.5 and now will have to pay to upgrade to 6.0. He is very good in post and has a hard time finding work.

One thing I've concicned of if I want to take to the next level I'll need to keep a low profile on line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to check out Creative Cloud then.  Basically, it's renting Creative Suite on a monthly rate ($50 a month, I'm told?).   Potentially a lot cheaper for you to use on an as-needed basis rather than shelling out for the box upgrade...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Adobe site: "experience all that Creative Cloud has to offer with a paid membership starting at just US$49.99 a month (based on a one-year commitment)."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still stand behid my original post in this thread.

"I'll be upgrading for Speed Grade. I wonder if the adjustment layers and custom buttons will function like Avid's?

I'm hoping they have some kind of shortcut to add transitions without having to drag them from the effects panel. If you could assign them a custom button that would be a huge time saver.

Otherwise having to upgrade every year or two is kind of expensive!"

1) I'm glad we all agree that the process of adding transitons could be improved. My suggestion on assigning them to custom buttons would be very nice solution.

2) As far as the expense, I wish Creative Cloud was available 6 moths ago or that Adobe would lower the upgrade cost as simply subscribing to Creative Cloud for $50 a month is significantly better deal than those of us who purchased 5.5. This is not complaining but just an accurate assessment. I'm glad there are more options but the timing isn't that great for those of us who have 5.5 as there is no special offer.  In fact, given their policy and special offers at this point, you were better off not upgrading to 5.5, as if you upgrade now from 5.0 to 5.5 you get the free upgrade to 6.0 or you have the option of Creative Cloud, which seems backwards, because the ones who alrady upgraded to 5.5 should get the best deal.

3) Finally I hope that SpeedGrade can be applied to layers in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> 3) Finally I hope that SpeedGrade can be applied to layers in After Effects.

from "After Effects CS6: what's new and changed":

"extended Apply Color LUT effect to use Adobe SpeedGrade .Look files, cineSpace .csp files, and overrange IRIDAS .cube files"

In other words, you can create color looks in SpeedGrade and apply those looks in After Effects through an effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Islanders66 wrote:

2) As far as the expense, I wish Creative Cloud was available 6 moths ago or that Adobe would lower the upgrade cost as simply subscribing to Creative Cloud for $50 a month is significantly better deal than those of us who purchased 5.5. This is not complaining but just an accurate assessment.

Now that you are in the game you can do your timings right! I also made mistakes about bad timings and purchases of software and hardware and mourned on my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srukweza wrote:

Now that you are in the game you can do your timings right! I also made mistakes about bad timings and purchases of software and hardware and mourned on my own.

Trust me, I'm ok with us sharing a different perspective. The differnce is I can articulate mine more clearly without latching onto someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Islanders66 wrote:

Trust me, I'm ok with us sharing a different perspective. The differnce is I can articulate mine more clearly without latching onto someone else.

Since you are quite articulate, there is a Premiere Pro 6.5 facebook page where you can post your requests. The forum is about latching onto ideas and comments someone make. If you do not wish to see people commenting on your wishes, which you mentioned yourself, then in that case it would be more appropriate to ring Adobe and get sufficient information rather than post it in a forum and becoming very picky about other people's comments and suggestions. Thats another difference as well!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CS65-and-Beyond-Wishlists/178493315554635

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a direct link to the Adobe features request page.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Facebook page is not affiliated with us.

This is the Premiere Pro Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/premierepro

But Facebook is not the place for feature requests. The link that lasvideo provided is the correct link for feature requests.

Here's more on feedback for Premiere Pro: http://adobe.ly/q6pEBy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srukweza wrote:

Islanders66 wrote:

Since you are quite articulate, there is a Premiere Pro 6.5 facebook page where you can post your requests. The forum is about latching onto ideas and comments someone make. If you do not wish to see people commenting on your wishes, which you mentioned yourself, then in that case it would be more appropriate to ring Adobe and get sufficient information rather than post it in a forum and becoming very picky about other people's comments and suggestions. Thats another difference as well!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CS65-and-Beyond-Wish lists/178493315554635

Ok fine lets discuss this. I have a right to post here and express my perspective. I have also articualted and supported my statements. What exactly have you expressed?

"I also made mistakes about bad timings and purchases of software and hardware and mourned on my own."

I take issue with this statement of yours because: first, you imply that upgrading to 5.5 or even purchasing 5.5 was a mistake and bad timing. I don't see how this is any fault of my own, nor why anyone would single me out with such a snide remark, when I'm simply pointing out that consumers will notice a pattern and be reluctant to upgrade given this stratigy. Why should I keep this a secret and why should I not atriculate this in this thread as other posters have responded to me on this exact topic, claiming that the offer is such a great deal? I'm just pointing out that it's not a great deal for everyone. The reason I am posting it here is that other people can read it and become more informed. Maybe it's not the best idea to upgrade right away and it's best to wait for a better offer. If it saves one person from learning the hard way and helps them save some money than that would be good. I don't need every dim wit on the internet deciding what and what I can't post.  Sorry but that's the way I see it, you and several others here have had nothing to contribute to the topic and have singled me out for a snide remark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take it ouside guys..or the Mods will close down this thread!

The TOPIC is actually..."Whats new in CS6....".

You guys are way off track and no one is interested in who will or wont upgrade. (and the reasons why)

We want the details so we can pleasureably anticipate CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, is everybody happy with what they see is a part of the CS6 Production Bundle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hugely looking forward to taking Production Premium CS6 for a spin.

Just bring it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also looking forward to the release of CS6. Then spending some serious time getting more familiar with all its new functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz wrote:

Take it ouside guys..or the Mods will close down this thread!

Or edit it significantly.

I'd like to request that everyone take a deep breath, and understand that for many posters here, English is not their first language.  That means metaphors, colloquialisms and subtle meanings that are obvious to native speakers are not necessarily clear to non-native speakers.  Please be generous and give a lot of leeway when you parse such posts; many times what looks to be overly critical isn't really a criticism at all.  If in doubt, ask for clarification before responding.

Thank you.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if the exporting interlaced video as h.264 bug has been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to know if the plugin system for PP CS6 has been updated at all?  The only thing I saw in regards to plugins was that you can double-click to add one.  Was anything else done? For instance, with Vegas you can copy a plugin and other settings from one clip and paste those settings in any additional clips you like. Instead of dragging the same plugin to every single clip and changing all the parameters again.

Also have any of the transitions or plugins been updated? What about text effects?

Also, what about overlapping clips on the timeline in a non-destructive manner, like Vegas? Making easy crossfades, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying and pasting effects from one clip to others has been possible for quite some time (since Premiere Pro 1.0 I believe...about 9 years ago)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Copying and pasting effects from one clip to others has been possible for quite some time (since Premiere Pro 1.0 I believe...about 9 years ago)"

Sorry, I meant copying and pasting transitions, not plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Prizm4.. yes, it's actually copy and paste attributes for both PrPro and FCP 7. A bit more of a learning curve but it gives you more control.

BTW I like the directoin 6.0 is moving. I'm finding 5.5 to be very functional. I also have a good color correction/grader workflow so not in a huge rush to upgrade. I guess I'll just wait for an offer I cant refuse!

@Jeff, thanks for the advice as well. I will try your suggestions, because it can be a challenge to resopnd to someone who extracts one sentence out of a post and takes issue with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines