• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I attach proxies from Canon C500 II and C300 III as a batch instead of one-by-one?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I understanding this correctly...using the in-camera option to record proxies to SD, and with the file folders nearly identical, Premiere Pro can't recognize and link a batch of proxies located in the same file folder, in the same location as the full-res files? I have to attach each and every proxy file one at a time?

The file names are identical with the exception of _P.MXF. The media start times are identical. The number of audio channels are identical. What am I missing? This doesn't seem that complicated. Obviously, attaching thousands of proxies, one at a time, is a non-starter in terms of efficiency. Has no one dealt with this before?

Please. I'll take any insight on this. I'm clearly missing something.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not import the proxy files, but you attached them by right-clicking on the original files in the Project window.

Proxy files should show as.

Same_name_as_the_original_Proxy.mov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I don't understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thank you. The answer, from the page you linked me to, is this:

Having the Proxy and Full Resolution clips in the same directory can result in incorrect auto association.

When I created a new Proxy folder, completely separate from the file path for the full-res media , it linked all the media (as a batch) seamlessly. Since Canon cameras create identical file names with the exception of the file extension (_P.MXF), Premiere Pro apparently cannot distinguish between the files. Therefore, creating an individual proxy folder not associated with the hi-res files is essential.

In my case, having separate files named "4K Full Res" and "Proxies" wasn't enough. The "Proxies" file has to exist in a completely different location in the master media folder.

So, when attaching proxies created in-camera, you have to mind the file path AND it only works if you select these 3 check boxes:

• Media Start
  • Relink others automatically
  • Use Media Browser to attach files

If any other check boxes are selected, it only attaches one at a time. So you're selecting and attaching proxies based on a file path as well as the media start times that correspond to the hi-res clips. Otherwise, Premiere can't recognize and attach the files? Seems to me this could be improved. Especially since the Adobe support tech (after 2 hours) couldn't figure out the solution either, telling me the only option is to attach proxies one at a time. 

Hopefully this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually not the case:

In my case, having separate files named "4K Full Res" and "Proxies" wasn't enough. The "Proxies" file has to exist in a completely different location in the master media folder.

It's much more mundane. The folders can exist in the same location. It's all in the sequence of how you select the proxy files. Search one, then select. Totally weird to me. In any case, it is possible to attach batches of proxy files, not just one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want full_resolution_filename.mov and full_resolution_filename_Proxy.mov.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, if I was creating the proxy files using ME, I'd use a different file naming protocol. In my case, the files are pre-named by Canon. And since there are 1000+, I"m not renaming them just so PP can find them. Thank you for the follow-up. It actually works as-is if you use just the right sequence to select the files. Got it now. Moving on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

enable  "select the Relink others automatically" while re-attaching the proxies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines