• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I now have to render after every edit in PP 2018?

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer tower was just re-imaged and now I find that I must RENDER EVERY EDIT (I am working on a project started on an Alienware computer and all files have been moved to my tower's local drive). This is not something I have encountered before. Is this normal?  Any help with this issue is greatly appreciate!

My specs:

• running Windows 10
  • 32 GB RAM
  • Intel Xeon (R) Bronze 3104 CPU @ 1.70 GHz
  • 64 bit OS
  • x64 based processor
  • Premiere Pro 12.0.1 (build 69)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018
  1. What Graphics card are you using?
  2. That Xeon processor while it is pretty new is one of the weakest Xeon CPU's I have have ever seen 1.7 GHz with no Turbo boost , 6-cores with no hyperthreading.  It has no place in any video editing computer.  That chip was design for a very low cost memory intensive applications (768 GB).
  3. Run in a CMD window GPUSniffer.exe like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have MPE hardware turned on?

Does the sequence match the footage?

What color is the render bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

The render bar is red. The sequence matches the footage. How do I check to if MPE is turned on?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the project settings under General / rendering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see an option for rendering under General in the Project Preference page (v12.0.1).  Can you please provide additional instructions? Thanks in advance Ann - I appreciated your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What Graphics card are you using?
  2. That Xeon processor while it is pretty new is one of the weakest Xeon CPU's I have have ever seen 1.7 GHz with no Turbo boost , 6-cores with no hyperthreading.  It has no place in any video editing computer.  That chip was design for a very low cost memory intensive applications (768 GB).
  3. Run in a CMD window GPUSniffer.exe like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you so much Bill! Your feedback resolved my issue! I updated the NVIDIA driver on the PC but the issues remained. I looked into the settings on Adobe Premier and discovered that the project was set to use software acceleration for rendering. I ran the GPUSniffer in Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premier Pro as Administrator. I am now able to set rendering to use GPU Hardware Acceleration. And, I no longer have a red line (requiring rendering) for every edit I complete on the timeline. Success!! Thank-YOU to all who responded to my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gather you found the difference between Project Settings and Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Ann I did. Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one is ever forced to render anything, it is optional

Red, yellow, and green render bars and what they mean | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SafeHarbor11 - Do you enjoy posting replies that are NOT helpful - Perhaps you get a kick out of wanting to appear smart!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My post was meant to be helpful - many users wrongly assume that just because they see a red bar above the timeline that they MUST render that area. I have a powerful computer, yet often see red bars. However, I can still in most cases get smooth playback of the timeline for preview purposes, with no need at all to render.

Thank you

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My apologies to you SAFEHARBOR11! Thanks for your kind response back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines