• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't Bars and Tone display correctly?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my most recent project I have wanted to use the Bars and Tone element in Premiere but for some strange reason every time I have tried to add it with any settings whatsoever it won't ever display the entire graphic which is supposed to look like this: maxresdefault.jpg

But when I try adding it, it looks like this:rstn.jpg

If you need more project details ill give it. But so far I haven't been able to get the correct format no matter what I try. and what's more is that the clip preview thumbnail in the timeline is correct and the thumbnail in the project media is correct as well! WHY??? Please help! I'm not even trying to use it for its original purpose I just wanted to create a glitched bars and tone effect.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

If Software Only works it means you have an issue with your graphicscard.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to fit and it still looks the same.yrtdj.jpgMyerPj​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like Premiere expected that B&T instance to be placed on a different sequence. What is the framesize for the sequence set in the Sequence settings dialog?

And right-click/Properties on the B&T to find the framesize for that instance.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They look the same to me? As far as I can tell I tried making sure they match.rwyjt.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. I'm puzzled too.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried to make the program monitor setting to ' FIT ' ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have.see.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YIKES.. that's UGLY !

What happens if you go to effect / scale, and reduce that clip in size …. do you start to see more of it.... ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YICK !

WHAT THE ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's also weird.. is there's NOTHING on the bars and tone that remotely matches the pattern you have displayed...conjunction of color etc... how bizarre ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the 'scaling' in the Effect Control Panel.

You may have a mix of bar size, scaling and sequence frame size.

I have Set to Frame Size in Preferences\Media, and a clip gets set that way when added to a timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked my preferences and I don't believe it is set to scale the media or change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As its a lovely color green might want to check this:

Green or purple streaks appear in the Source and Program monitors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had issues with bars and tone and I ended up creating its own sequence and exporting it as a video file for use in the main sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's my only option at this point. I have already looked through every kind of scaling possible and as I remember I didn't change the scaling or anything to do with the media for it to look the way it does. I attempted to render the element on another computer and it seems to work fine on another PC so ill just use this other PC for now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this have something to do with the color space/profile of the B&T vs the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I was a bug or Kermit The Frog I would rather look at a slightly different green ( framed on my wall ).

Is the B&T something you saw on the BMT while watching a movie about the DMZ and recalling R&R in Japan while changing your MOS and looking forward to a DDT214 and wishing you had UHD ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JAMations,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Have you tried switching the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only (FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro? ) and checked if you are getting the correct preview. Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked although I think it would be much slower to work with this does in fact work perfectly. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Software Only works it means you have an issue with your graphicscard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just updated the driver and it still doesn't display correctly in OpenCL 😕 What else could be wrong with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines