• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Installing CC Premiere Pro On a Dual Boot Windows Machine Uninstall Other CS6 apps?

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit of an odd question. I have a dual-boot machine, Win7 Pro on the C drive, along with CS6 Production Premium. I am installing an additional SSD with a Windows 10 install, in order to be able to dual-boot my machine. (This is to continue using my current version of ProTools that is not Win10 compatible and was pretty expensive, while not buying a whole new machine for Win10).   I am happy to upgrade to Premiere Pro CC, but am wondering if installing it to my Win10 boot drive will somehow uninstall the other CS6 apps that were installed under Win7 on the C drive?  I have Photoshop, Audition, etc. on that drive that I only use occasionally, so not worth moving to CC for those apps; but it will be a pain if they get uninstalled by the PP CC install under Win 10. Sorry, a bit convoluted I know. 🙂 Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that will be a problem, if you want to be sure you can prevent your dual boots to access the other partitions on the drive: https://www.quora.com/How-to-block-an-OS-from-accessing-other-partitions-in-a-dual-boot-system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I was hoping that was the case. I will check out your link, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

also, if you have a problem starting the program try right clicking on shortcut ( or exe ) and "run as administrator" ... that works for some legacy products.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines