• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

working with very large clips remotely - how to cut and transfer only parts used in the timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I`m shooting video in the field in various formats including 8K 60fps 12 bit RAW, 5.3K 60fps & 4K 120 fps 10-bit HEVC videos. I have a capable workstation at home to work with original files to produce high quality output and a good enough laptop to work with proxies in the field.

I want to finalise my project in the field - all cuts and edits etc - with proxies and then send only the used portions of the original clips to the workstation at home (on a limited bandwith internet connection) so that I can export a high resolution & high quality final video.

I tried Project Manager-->Consolidate and Transcosde using Quicktime--> Pro Res 422 (or higher like 422 HQ or 4444) but the result is that the total size was much bigger. This is not good enough for transferring  files over a limited bandwidth internet.

I found Pro Res 422 LT producing slightly smaller file size in total but I`m not sure to use ProRes 422 LT for exporting the final video on my workstation at home becuase I`m worried the quality will not match the original recordings. 

What should be the best workflow to work in this scenario? How do you work with very large files in the field over a limited  internet connection?

Your help is much appreciated. Many thanks. 

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameIO Camera2Cluod comes to mind, but LucidLink shluld be able to help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that LucidLink is providing support for cloud sharing and collaboration but lacks trimming raw video  for only the used parts in Premiere Pro.

I found the following software that has the functionality I'm looking for. 

https://www.autokroma.com/PlumePack/

This has a very nice plug-in for Premiere Pro However the issue is that Canon RAW files are not supported.

I tried Project Manager --> Consolidate and Transcode on RAW files but Premiere Pro is only copying the originals for Quicktime. H.264 has no chance because the audio has only 2 channels where Canon RAW has 4 channels - which Premiere Pro does not acept for transcodign when number of audio channels does not match.

So still no solution here 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only ever cut the video I record with my camera in the program, but I ran across this that may work for you

https://www.winxdvd.com/winxvideo-ai/

It says cutting on the page... there is a 1 year or lifetime license

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John T Smith 

That almost looks too good to be true for the price if it actually does all it says it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think there is a free trial (with limited function... maybe file size or number of uses?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines