Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ability for Disable Program Monitor Zoom Settings

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the following settings
1. Ability to disable zoom on the program window or change mouse scroll wheel behavior. While scrubbing on the timeline with the mouse wheel it's prone to accidentally moving the cursor over the video and unintentionally zooming causing a frustrating experience.

2. Setting to disable the nodes on audio transitions in the sequence timeline. They make it more difficult to make edits in the timeline.

Mod note: The title was changed slightly

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Effects , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
33 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, thousands of users wanted this because they zoom in the Program monitor constantly.

And between three different options in the Program monitor, there are ecstatic users. Zoom the image, expand or contract the Program monitor timeline, or scroll the timeline. All now possible for users.

That it is also irritating as Hades to some of use, well ... yea.

So I do thoroughly support an option to enable/disable this behavior.

And at the least, to enable the horizontal and vertical slider bars to navigate the zoomed image in the Program monitor ... I detest using the "hand" tool to move the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10000000% this. Until we have the option to revert back to the old scroll wheel settings, I'm staying with the previous version. This new change (combined with shrinking the size of the transition adjuster) makes editing incredibly frustrating for the muscle memory I've developed. I have to make sure my mouse is JUST on that little timeline sliver to scrub frame-by-frame now, and it is slowing me down so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe must do this changes if they respect professionals. But why the hell you need to change it, and why there is no options, no binding keys ? This is stupid man. Disrespectful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone like you, not "fond" of the change, I will add a comment. You seem to have an assumption that all or most professionals work and react as you do.

In reality we all do things, and react to things, different from every other editors. Give others who like the change the respect as professionals they deserve.

Even when as in this case, we definitely disagree.

I didn't ask nor want the Timeline color changes either. But some other long-time editors, who were at first posting how that change was stupid, trued the "Vibrant" color schema to show how G** Awful!!! that was ... and found they loved it.

You and I would prefer AT LEAST the ability to turn the new Program monitor behavior off or on with keyboard shorts.

But I do recognize many other highly professional editors love the new options.

As always, everyone's mileage always varies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bane of my existence! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - it's unbelievably frustrating that it just now defaults to that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely, the old way of working the wheel is favourable for the task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The way the wheels work now is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate