• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An option to revert the Mouse scroll change

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest 24.4 version of Premier Pro, you can zoom in and out by mouse-scrolling on the program monitor.

This is good for those who want to add effects precisely but not for editing at a fast speed

I really hope there's a way to revert the change so my productivity goes back to 100%

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
39 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I used to hover my mouse over the program window and scroll, it would go through the video one frame at a time for ever scroll wheel tick. Now when I do that it changes the zoom level. This is super annoying because it makes presise timeline actions much more time consuming.

When I opened premiere today a bunch of my settings were messed up. I managed to fix all the other issues, but I cant seem to figure out how to fix this. Anyone have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @The Dank Memer,

I think I understand your message. I aim my Selection tool to the Time Ruler and then scroll. There you can scrub the way you used to. If you would like to have a way to lock the resolution of the Program Monitor, that would be a feature request. If you make it, I'll surely upvote! Sorry for the frustration. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnBens_0-1715898405998.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that works. Im not sure why it just changed all the sudden. I always used to be able to just put my mouse on the video and scroll. Very strange. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you revert the change? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new feature in 24.4, the wheel is used now to zoom in - out instead of scrolling time, you have to hover over the time ruler for the old behavior as Kevin said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, @Nobaman,

Thanks for the question. It's a good one. It sounds like you want an option to revert the behavior, bypassing this new feature. I can understand why. I guess you're an experienced editor and are used to how things worked in past versions. You can undoubtedly create a feature request for that. Reply with the URL to your request, and I'll certainly upvote.

Take Care,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree 

let us choose to either zoom source/program monitor with mouse scroll or alt+scroll or just jog/shuttle whith mouse scroll when the mouse is over the video or playhead section. Also in the timeline i can't anymore jog the video when mouse scroll this is ultra annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted! Thanks.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this is incredibly frustrating. Why do Adobe do this? This feature is absolute gold dust when it comes to keyframing and motion tracking. This is exactly why we are considering switching to DaVinci instead because of odd changes that make no sense. 

PLEASE bring back this old feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so annoying. I can somewhat see how this could be more intuitive for new users, but for people who have been working with PP for years this is insanity. Instead of giving us the option, they just arbitrarily change things and now I have to readjust my entire workflow when keyframing. Thanks, Adobe, real classy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please bring back the old functionality of the monitor program using mouse scrolling

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, the new zoom preview feature is useless for productivity, now i have to press multiple keys to preview frame by frame, at least let us change back to the original option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so annoying, I use the scroll a lot in my workflow and now its all messed up.

Thanks Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if we could customize that on the keyboard shortcuts.

Maybe holding alt+mouse wheel would activate the zoom in and out and normal scroll and shift+scroll would be to navigate through frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my... i think i the only one to think that is a little bit annoying and anti-producivity. Gladly more people is having problem with that too

I wish they consider change back or put a option to that in a (not so) future update

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree, this should be reverted or at least have an option to change keybinds for this. Way slower to keyframe / motion track now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully agree. 
this change is terribly annoying when it comes to motion tracking frame by frame. Completely sets me off, that this change was being forced upon without any possibility to change the setting! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in this boat also.

I understand we 'could' hover the mouse over the program monitor scroll timeline, but that extra bit of having to 'work' on aiming right is time consuming over the long run. There's two ideas:

1. Make the zoom an optional setting, so we can have what we want back.
2. Allow us to change the behavior of the timeline itself, where we could scroll while hovering over the timeline and it would behave as we want. Personally I think it would be super cool is the scrolling the timeline itself vs scrolling the playhead was a feature acting like this - if you scroll in the Video layer section, it scrolls the playhead. If you scroll in the Audio layer section, it scrolls the timeline as usual. I think that would be epic and save us a ton of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe give us the option. This change has caused hours of research to even figure out how and why this happened and figure out a work-around. This is NUTS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We appreciate your feedback! The new Scroll to Zoom behavior was added to ease the process of doing detailed title editing, motion graphics keyframing, and image examination when troubleshooting for artifacts and other visual issues.

Based on early positive feedback, we felt comfortable introducing this new behavior as the original scroll-to-jog behavior remains available in the area above the scrub bar at the bottom of the Program Monitor. In the process, this enables two behaviors without needing to obscure either functionality behind keyboard modifiers. 

We understand that changing existing UI can be frustrating, but encourage you to try using the new scroll-to-jog target area (highlighted in red in the image below), to see if it's able to meet your needs.

These features will continue to evolve as we have more plans for refining these sorts of in-monitor behaviors, so we value your opinion and look forward to hearing what you think after continued use. In the meantime, if there's a specific workflow you'd like to share with us, it would be valuable to get more information about how you've used scroll-to-jog in the past.

Scroll-to-Jog-Target.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Alexis Van Hurkman 

Minor detail: the red area above FIT does not scrub but rather zooms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch, thanks Ann! And thanks for posting your own clarification here…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a fair concept - scroll on the monitor itself and it zooms and scroll on the scrub bar and it scrubs.

The problem is, the amount of time editors are spending doing the required 'zoom in' work vs just straight cutting and scrolling, is minimal in my observation. As a result, I'm going to guess based on my workflow and my teams workflow, that we use the zoom feature less than 4% of the time. The other 96% requires the scroll behavior to be on the monitor as it was before the update.

Now, yes the behavior is still there on the scrub portion, but the problem is it's such a small space to put your mouse - and the extra time / focus it takes to accurately put our mouse there is already costing us a 1 hours a day with a team of 4. That's 15 minutes of time added to a shift that a customer has to pay for - why ? Because slamming our mouse over the program monitor for the scroll function was so much EASIER because it was so MUCH BIGGER.

Again, I see 2 options.

1. Either revert it or make a checkbox on the program monitor that enables the zoom function or disables it and enables the scroll function. Easy. 

2. Make it so that if we move our mouse to the Video Layers part of the timeline itself, it scrolls as it used to in the program monitor. Make it so that if we move our mouse in to the Audio part of the timeline itself, it scrolls the timeline window as it already does.

This would massively cut down on mouse movement and save time. Again, what you guys implemented is a cool idea, but it's just not used enough on a daily 8 hour shift to make it more cool than what it was before. This would be so much cooler to just have a Zoom/Scroll toggle on the monitor window so we can choose the behavior we want, WHEN we want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate