• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add the ability to keyframe an imported After Effects MOGRT

Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be extremely useful to be able to keyframe the controls in Premiere Pro for a MOGRT (Motion Graphic Template) created in After FX. I create a template in AFX, add it to CC libraries, I can import this into Premiere and adjust the controls, but I can't keyframe them. This would take the power of MOGRT's to a whole new level.

I have extensively documented the process I'm trying to do here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/255599

Regards, aTomician
Idea No status
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Hi Y'all... 
This isn't supported because properties that get added to the Essential Graphics Panel and get exported to Mogrtland can only represent 1 value at a time. 
The control in Premiere can only tell Tiny Inception After Effects (nested inside Premiere Pro to make Mogrts work) “make this Opacity 60” ... it can’t tell Tiny Inception AE, “make the opacity go from 20 - 60 in 3 seconds from time 1 to time 4.”

It's a limitation in how the communication between Premiere and Tiny Inception AE wo

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 124 Replies 124
124 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

👌👌👌👌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been under review for 6 months and nothing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe... Add a key on Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola y'all... there are some technical reasons why this hasn't been possible in Mogrts yet but we've got a workaround in the oven thats almost ready to share!

I will update this channel in a couple of weeks or so 🙂

Cheers,
Dacia
- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking forward to have this one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call Out .mogrt effects are next to useless on moving images if something as basic as the position of the end of the line can't be keyframed/tracked. This basic functionality is needed ASAP! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pierre,

What you're requesting is the ability for Mogrts to be able to Camera Track footage and then connect your shape to one of the null targets the 3D Camera Tracker creates. This is waaaaaay more complex than having the ability to keyframe parameters once you're in PR.

I would suggest a new Feature Request for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dacia, I get what you're saying. Just being able to keyframe settings (without tracking) should be good enough for now! 🙂 Tracking can be done in AE when needed. 😉

Please take a look at other FRs I posted about adding a Split view to the Program Monitor (https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/41064787-split-view-in-proj...)

and improving timeline pasting (https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/41066920-new-shortcuts-to-c...)

I'd love to know what you and other Adobe admins think! 🙂 Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dacia, thanks for updating us on this - keen to see the workaround!

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how stupid is it that this isn't a feature? Literally defeats the whole purpose of the sliders in 90% of my projects. complete oversight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would solve so many problems for me, please add a button in the After Effects essential graphics panel for each parameter that allows for keyframing in Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any updates on this? I only just figured out that you can't key the parameters. Also, for all of you guys saying it's dumb that they haven't implemented this, I've been using this for a long time and only now have had to do it. In my eyes it's manly used for things like quick overlaid animations and not too technical. I use it all the time when I do motion graphics for a client. Like Lower thirds. Set your text, maybe change color, make sure you have protected regions in AE so they can retime their animation without speeding up the the whole animation, etc. That being said, I do still feel like it would be worth while to have! It seems this was brought up back in 2018 and is now almost 3 years old at this point. I hope they can add this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey adobe please add this extremely essential feature to your Premiere pro product!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Unfortunately, the workaround solution that I wanted to propose to y'all is not going to work after all.
The request continues to be logged, and we will definitely update this channel if there is any news.

Apologies for getting hopes up. 😞
Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be an incredible feature to add! There's multiple essential graphics I have made that would have benefited greatly from this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes pleaseeee

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many things I want to do with the essential graphics, but can't because it doesn't support keyframes. Please add this feature. It will open up a lot of new possibilities for editors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is needed urgently! This will allow video editors to really fine tune the timing of the animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amir,

While this feature is not in development at the moment, you have a couple of options to help you fine-tune animations in Mogrts once you're in Premiere Pro.

There is a feature called Responsive Design - Time which allows you to change the overall timing of a Mogrt by creating Protected Regions at certain points in the Primary comp. If you want to be able to fine-tune the animation in Premiere, then setting the Protected Regions around the parts of the comp that are static will allow the timing to be squashed or stretched in the animated parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_mHxwJeAuY

Or if you want to be able to control the timing of certain elements in your Mogrt, then EC Abrams tutorial on using expressions for time is a must watch!

Control Time in Templates - Adobe After Effects tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i69oa0EeJ3A

Thanks so much,
Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be such massive help being able to key frame the Graphic Parameters! Save so much time and allow editors to stay in one programme rather than having to go back between premiere and after effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created my first motion graphics templates recently to speed up workflow and couldn't believe that this wasn't a feature. Adobe need to add the ability to keyframe the individual mgrt graphic parameters ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIIIISSS ISS NEEEDEEEDDD

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is utterly strange that I can add a slider to the Essential Graphics panel but it is not keyframeable in Premiere. Then it´s meanless to co-work with project that has graph and bars and statistics where the nuumbers are chnging and where I want it to be editable by another person in my organisation.

Votes

Translate

Translate