• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADDING THE ABILITY TO SET IN AND OUTS WITH VIDEO IN THE ESSENTIAL Graphics TAB

Engaged ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I video to the essential graphics tab it always starts at the beginning of the video, can you make it so we can set in points on the video.

[title and text edited by mod]

Idea No status
TOPICS
Graphics , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that is possible. Or that you would really want it if it were.

I think all elements in an EGP operation need to be set specifically for that use. Think of deploying that asset then to other users ... Premiere would have to move that entire video file along with the rest of the items in that graphic.

Which would make the size of that mogrt ... truly, wastefully, massive.

That's what it seems to me at least ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By doing this I dont have to nest and I am able to create a mogrt that has the video connected. The problem I have sometimes the opening animation is not needed and I cant just move the in point past the animatuion .  The only thing I can do is nest it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For use in mogrts, I think the best practice is to use a clip prepped for that use. An actual clip, to the right length, with any effects needed on that clip baked in, exported/imported.

That keeps the mogrt "light" as it can be, and seems to save hassles down the road.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the other way I use it as just as a Graphic and not a MOGRT. so I dont have a nest because the are pain to deal with. By being able to keep the video and gfx togethere its more compact. If  I have to do a recut of the video everytime that wastes time and space. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally understood. I wouldn't personally have a problem with adding this, as yea, for many it would  be useful.

We'd also see an immediate set of complaints about massive graphic sizes ... sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish they would get some kind of dynamic nesting so it's easier to deal with them and I wouldnt need something like this

Votes

Translate

Translate