Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expand Shuttle Speed Options (JKL)

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey friends,

It's time to bring one of the best hacks of audiobooks to Premiere Pro. The beloved 1.1-1.5x playback speed.

I had the idea today that it would be nice to have some slower shuttle speeds (JKL keys). Intead of just 1x, 2x, 3x, etc. It would be nice to have 1.2x - 1.5x.

Sometimes 2x is just too fast to understand everything that's being said in an interview, espcially if the interviewee is speaking quickly.

If you have 8 hours of interview footage to review, 1.5x would save you over 2.5 hours.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be hard to find an option that everyone likes. Have you considered purchasing a third party shuttle/jog wheel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would a third party shuttle/jog wheel sustain playback? My idea is you hit play, sit back and take notes on longform interviews without pausing.

I'm additedly assuming this wouldn't be a hard feature to add, and I wonder if this feature could be an additional option rather than changing it by default for everyone.

I also wonder if it could be adjustable so you can just choose/adjust your playback speed from 1.1-1.9x in addition to the already available 1x, 2x, 3x, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate