• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export timeline but as individual clips

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to export a full timeline from Premier but instead of one video, each video clip on the timeline is exported individually. This is an option in DaVinci Resolve and I've found it to be really useful. Having to do it manually can definitely be a pain.
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
Thank you for your feedback. This is under review.

Votes

Translate

Translate
95 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also would be nice if you could export multiple clips from single timeline using markers as kind of in/out points. Similar function to creating chapters on a DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, here's a tutorial with screenshots describing the feature you need ! https://autokroma.com/blog/Batch-Export-Multiple-Clips-at-Once-in-Premiere-Pro-and-After-Effects/

Please give me your feedback on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another year goes by where the Premiere team ignores their customers. I just tried exporting via the project manager -> individual clips as a work around, however even though I made a Prores preset, it still exported in .mp4 h.264 for some reason, and did not export as individual clips even though I have several individual clips in the sequence.... So I tried again using the default settings (DN-HR) with individual clips, and it STILL exported to h.264 .mp4 as a single clip (Not individual). So frustrating... Not only is the Premiere team not listening to customers (Based on this having 200 upvotes, and dozes of requests on other forums all over the internet, and this post 1.5 years old), but the work around method (Which won't export keyframes, or color correction or any effects added), doesn't even work properly as I mentioned above!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this on update OF Adobe PP CC 2019 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC 2020 is released, and again, no way to individually export clips from a sequence with changes to the Effect Controls panel.....

I tried to select the clips in the sequence, right click, go to render and replace, but there are only a couple options that make huge files (ProRes etc.). I'm trying to export individual clips for mobile in vertical. So I made my own encoding preset, then tried again. It canceled and said error...!
The error says it couldn't match the frame size.. This will be a 2 year old request come May... When will this move past 'under review'??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
I'm back on this feature and I solved this thanks to a Premiere Pro Panel, check this out ! https://autokroma.com/blog/Batch-Export-Clips-Quickly-Premiere-Pro-with-our-Panel/
Basically once you installed AfterCodecs our exporter plugin, just go into the AfterCodecs Panel, select the clips you want to export in the timeline, click a button on the panel, export, select AfterCodecs, tick the "MultiRender" checkbox and you're good to go !
Takes about 20 seconds
Cheers
Antoine

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antoine Autokroma thank you very much for your product, it looks amasing! I will test it soon. Very useful to use for stockshots! Adobe should add it directly in the software..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this gets implemented, please allow clip names to retain the original file name (e.g. source clip Clip94.mxf could become Clip94.mp4) and also match timecode of the original clip. This would be invaluable for batch exporting media for stock footage as it allows the user to refer back to the original camera file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a youtube tutorial about my AfterCodecs MultiRender method to export individual clips from Premiere Pro and Media Encoder, scalable to hundreds of clips within a few clicks ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvBEtJeceGE&list=PL95F-QjAL6dFlhsRDuaw8kp2tSlt7qGLe

And yes Andrew this retains the original clip names, you can even prefix them in the output if you want. You can also rename the clips on the timeline (for after CC 2018 included) if you feel the need to

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a working build of AfterCodecs (https://autokroma.com/AfterCodecs/) that individually exports parts of the timeline according to each markers that have a duration > 0 and whose name begin with "_", who wants to test it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is time saver & very useful for us who create/edit camera master for stock footage. Using "Project manager" is half way there but it cannot include the color grade, warp stabilisation and speed change i have included in the exported individual clips. When will this upgrade be possible ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually quite smart, those of us working on 4k w/ old CPUs can export and then reassemble for transitions etc!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha mates,
Have you tried using the render and replace function that offers render individual clip in your timeline and transcode and batch export, to whatever you like... cloud watch folder for AME...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution to this issue : some updates on AfterCodecs with MultiRender (tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL95F-QjAL6dFlhsRDuaw8kp2tSlt7qGLe&v=ZvBEtJeceGE&feature=emb_titl... )

MultiRender :
* Bug fix with forbidden filename characters (<>:"/|?*), now there is a protection removing them both in the Exporter and in the MultiRender Panel
* If you are on Trial Mode, license will only be asked once

Update to the latest version here https://www.autokroma.com/AfterCodecs/Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue I have with the existing solutions is that premiere seems to detect when cuts are sequential in the same source and then exports those two clips as one.
This limits the usefulness of the process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, it would be great if/when it will be implemented to have an option to include handles of a user defined length. And an option to have effects active or not. Like in Davinci.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the ability to include all added effects please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexander my AfterCodecs solution includes all effect and anything you put on the timeline https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL95F-QjAL6dFlhsRDuaw8kp2tSlt7qGLe&v=ZvBEtJeceGE&feature=emb_titl...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make this option available. It saves hours in post. I know you can now export multiple clips from the bin but we should also have an export timeline as single clips in case a pre-edited sequence has been done.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This converts the original footage without any effects applied on them. Unless maybe if you add the effects on the Master tab, I didn't try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Fellow editors,

I developed new extension: EXCALIBUR. It has "Export Selected Clips" command. Select all clips in timeline and execute it.
And you can assign shortcut to this command.

But it does much more than that, learn more here:
overview: https://youtu.be/ecZ-UA3zavw
manuscript: http://manuscript.knightsoftheeditingtable.com/extensions/excalibur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really necessary! It should come with the option to select the handle duration for each clip. As well as if we want the attributes of each clip to be taken into account.

Maybe I'm working on a HD sequence with 4k footage and I want to send the colorist the clips with there original resolution. In this case it would be amazing if Premiere cut just cut the clip without reencoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fede if you want only the clip trimmed it won't take any effect applied to it. It would only take the original files and remove unused frames. Is that what you want ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to export all of my single clips with the warp effect, or speed ramping on it, to further edit the clips without the computer loosing it all the time.

Speed ramping + warp is not even possible at the moment.

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADOBE, implement this feature.

Its so shocking to search for a basic function and then finding out its NOT EVEN POSSIBLE with Adobe alone.......

Will export all the clips in one video, then placing it on top of clips and then adding the cuts again....

if you guys know any other faster method, please let mew know!

Votes

Translate

Translate