• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get rid off your Explorer interface

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took me 20 minutes to select a location on my hard drive.  This is insane.  Why do you people try to reinvent Windows and other OS explorers?, you never get it right.

Ideas:

1.  Allow a user to copy and paste a path.  Wow, all other software does this.
  2.  Give an option to select the "current path".  Path of the prproj file.
  3.  Give a browse option, common dialogs are meant for that purpose (you don't need your own silly design)
  4.  Lastly, use standard interface guidelines.  That's a thought..

Sorry if I sound like a troll, but jesus!

Idea Acknowledged
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

We understand the frustration. 

PPro supports using OS file browsers, because they're familiar to all, and required for some purposes. 

PPro will also continue to provide Media Browser, because it offers media understanding and capabilities beyond what the OS dialogs offer. In addition to video preview and setting in/out points, Media Browser understands "spanned" media from camera-created directory structures, representing it as one contiguous piece of media (and reading additional metadata from

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be frustrating, but I've no clue to even guess what the problem was. And I've never had that problem in a decade of using PrPro.

As there are many places to add/import media, where were you working? What steps did you take?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @kenn68121511,

My name is Kevin from Support. I'm one of the moderators here. Thank you for filing this report.

Since it appears to be a series of feature requests, I'll move your post to the Ideas forum. I hope the product team will respond to these excellent requests.

I will upvote your request. FYI: Rather than creating a report with a series of issues, creating one feature request or bug per post would be better. That way, the community could upvote more easily, which helps the team prioritize the work. I hope the advice helps. Take care!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We understand the frustration. 

PPro supports using OS file browsers, because they're familiar to all, and required for some purposes. 

PPro will also continue to provide Media Browser, because it offers media understanding and capabilities beyond what the OS dialogs offer. In addition to video preview and setting in/out points, Media Browser understands "spanned" media from camera-created directory structures, representing it as one contiguous piece of media (and reading additional metadata from the directory structure). 

1: From where, in PPro, are you hoping to copy/paste paths?

2: Your 'copy the project path' suggestion makes sense.

3: see above.

4: We strive for consistency within components shared across Adobe applications, and adherence to OS guidelines when interacting with the OS.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate