• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It would be nice to be able to import scripts for videos to give the transcription a headstart

Participant ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make medical explainer videos in English and Spanish.

The newish transcription engine and caption creation are amazing, but there are hiccups when it comes down to medical terms that have to be manually corrected each time.

Also, since many of the videos share the same base parts, having a script for the transcription engine to check against would save me a lot of time.

Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with holtz's comments above.  I create content for Distance Learning Courses and the amount of terminology that needs correcting is immense - which I don't mind doing as nothing is perfect and Premiere Pro's auto transcript function I have found is certainly one of the most accurate around.  But the problem happens when you're working with a wider team who aren't regular users of Premiere Pro who you need to share the work load with when it comes to generating captions and transcripts for our online courses to ensure they are accessible for all distance learners. They usually have to go through the transcript using Microsoft Word or Notepad because Premiere Pro is just too daunting for them to even get to grips with and then trying to import that corrected text back into the project is causing me a ton of headaches.  I end up having to waste loads of time copying and pasting the text paragraph by paragraph in line with the timings of the auto transcript so I can then generate a fully correct set of captions to accompany the video before then going into do the final edits to the video.  Does anyone know of a way around this.  I would be so so so grateful if someone had some advice to offer!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just to add, I don't know if anyone else does this but I've had to resort to uploading videos to YouTube and inserting the corrected transcript via their 'insert text' function which then syncs the words to the video.  But this takes time as I'm sure anyone else who has also done this will know.  Surely if YouTube have found a way to do it can't Adobe also come up with a solution to make life simpler for all us video editors?!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

....I forgot to add in the post above of course when YouTube has then synced the text to the video I then download the captions as a .srt file which I can then import into Premiere Pro.  Its just a long winded process though and I can't wait for Adobe to come up with a solution to this!

Votes

Translate

Translate