Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep tracks minimized while adding to timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning

Everyone has their own style of editing and I like to keep all the tracks minimized in my timelines.  

Every time I add a new clip or image to a timeline, it appears expanded and I need to minimize it.

Is there a way to stop this?  I want to drag & drop and have the tracks stay minimzed.

Just one of those small, slightly irritating things that I would like to change 🙂

Thanks 

Kim 

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm following you correctly, this sounds like a feature request for new Tracks to inherit the current Track height.  Or, since Tracks can be set a different hights, new Tracks inherit that tallest Track height or maybe a pop-up menu Timeline preference that allows the user to set new Tracks to inherit the tallest or shortest.

The closest thing I can think of is to create a Sequence with the amount of Video Tracks and Audio Tracks that you typicall use (let's say 8 each), minimize those, and then always duplicate that prior to starting an edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Warren,

That is one of the 'solutions' I came up with as well ... and often using the Shift '-' shortcut!  🙂

Kim 

Votes

Translate

Translate