• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Premiere, Audition, and AE icons different colors again

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until this recent update, it was very easy to look at a file and know if it's a Premiere, Audition, or AE File because the icons were different colors. Now that they're all purple, it's a lot harder to tell what type of file I'm looking at, especially if it's a small icon. There also seems to be no benefit to the average user for this change. Please change icons back to their previous colors or any other colors that aren't exactly the same.
Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
48 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to mention their icon theme does not honor Windows 10 start menu color themes. Notice the "Sore Thumb" in the attached image where the background color doesn't comply with all other icon's on the start menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agreed... all of the nearly same colors for apps is TERRIBLE! I liked the rainbow of apps. Now we have all "similar" apps being super similar colors? what's that about. ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree, in my case, it's also Adobe Animate, I often open the wrong program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compromise idea: If you really need to use color for branding instead of UX, please at least make the icons significantly different shapes. This might be better anyway for people with forms of colorblindness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second that. It's confusing when I can't quickly tell apart the software I use. I've been trying to find ways to manually change them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear God, yes, please! I don't know what they were thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw that Acroba is back to Red. That is a relief! (It was black!). Now the DVA products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep pressing the wrong app to open!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is true that the colors allow you to click very quickly without paying attention to the icon. It's a little extra.
Now sometimes I open an app and inadvertently cheat

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, these color difference speed up using ghe software. Good idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A sign of good design is when it's easily recognizable and quickly communicates what it needs to say. The Adobe suite icons do neither of these things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering the same Tom. The time it took them to read and merge these threads is probably more time than it would have taken them to revert to the previous icons everyone prefers! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is sorely needed, II regularly click on Media Encoder or After Effects by mistake when I want to launch Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just merged a whole bunch of the same feedback about the icons into this one feedback post.. yet gave no indication of it being under review. Why do you do this
Who's betting they'll just intentionally keep it like this until next year when they have a fresh start across all their products and have some cheesy line like "missed us?" with original colours all restored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully understand why Adobe wants to maintain a color theme for the apps witin video audio editing category but it would be helpful if there was a better visual difference. For example there can be a line at the bottom of the logo with different colors or at the top or the letters might be different colors but the cube itself will be purple same way. That will still keep them in the same design family but with more distinct differences between themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a designer but here are some examples. I think your teams can definitly create something which will look better and maintain same theme with this purple color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Mike Lisii - Excellent suggestion and idea, but I completely doubt that Adobe is even reading or going through this request. They rarely reply or comment on any requests, let alone make them happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, I accidently click on audition constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person wondering why the company that is the corner pin of the entire design industry worldwide makes such stupid choices. If I click Audition instead of After effects one more "*ˆ* time!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! Not only Premiere,After and Audition. Even Media Encoder and Animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 2-3 years and I'm still not used to it.  It's not a preference thing, it's a genuine daily annoyance when I keep clicking the wrong icon.  Why is every decision Adobe makes so profoundly stupid?  I don't think they're a real company, I think they're an elaborate prank, just trolling us to see how annoyed they can make paying subscribers.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a short tutorial explaining how to customise the icons if it helps, though Adobe really should fix this themselves.

Adobe Creative Cloud: Changing Icons – Computer Tips & Other Tutorials (wordpress.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I'm not a designer"  yet you've done a much better job than Adobe's team

Votes

Translate

Translate