• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make the Essential Graphics interface options flexible & robust (Folders)

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make the Essential Graphics browser flexible: sorting, icon or text, import .mogrt folders, mort folder organizing on the desktop will appea
Idea No status
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 159 Replies 159
159 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) bring back folders to the Essential Graphics Browser. Now the files are mixed in one panel. I have sorted them into folders and subfolders for better orientation and working with them

2) Some .mogrt files are not visible in the browser, other .mogrt from the same folder are visible in the browser window.

3) make live preview thumbnails, the static ones are old school and usually does not give any idea what the .mogrt does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jan, thanks for your feedback.

Re:1) The new browser is search-based so you can add tags to your Motion Graphics templates in the "Info View" and use that as a way to find and manage them as a collection. In the Browser, hover over a Motion Graphics template and click on the "i" icon. Use the keywords section to add your tags. The browser will use both the title and the tags to return results when you enter something in the search bar.

You can also use your CC Libraries in the same way it sounds like you were using folders and navigate to specific Libraries to find a particular set of Motion Graphics templates. You can right-click on a template in the browser and choose to Copy to Library then select the Library. Use the checkboxes under the search bar to then navigate to that Library.

All that said, your request to bring folders back is noted.

Re:2) Can you share some more information? All the .mogrt files you have installed should be visible in the Browser unless you have a filter or search term active. More info will help us figure out what might be happening.

Re:3) When exporting a .mogrt from Premiere Pro, you can now choose to include a video thumbnail, which will allow you to hover scrub any animations in the EG browser. If you have any of the sample Premiere Pro templates installed such as "Angled Presents" or "Bold Title" you should be able to check out what this animation looks like.

All .mogrts you preview and license from Adobe Stock from the Essential Graphics panel will also include a video thumbnail.

We are tracking a feature request for adding video thumbnails when exporting Motion Graphics templates from After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My requests
-bring folders back
-adding video thumbnails when exporting Motion Graphics templates from After Effects

Other : Open .morgtfiles on Aftereffects ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Other : Open .morgtfiles on Aftereffects ????"

This is already possible in Ae 15.1 ... Launch Ae > Open Project > point to a mogrt > Extract
It has to be a mogrt compatible with that version though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the logic behind removing all Essential Graphics folders and the 'list view' function within the Essential Graphics tab? This upgrade or bug is detrimental to the many users who had unique Essential Graphics folders within the Essential Graphics tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have numerous packages of organized graphics. Titles, Backgrounds, Lower Thirds. They each had a folder. Not hundreds of graphics are all in one window. Please fix this mistake or bug introduced in Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand. Why are all the graphics listed together instead of organized into folders? This makes it incredibly hard to find what you are looking for. Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring back folders and list view - without this Essential Graphics is pretty useless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll let one of our Product Managers explain the reasons behind replacing the EGP Browser folder navigation with a tagging and search system for mogrts.

For now, to help people understand more about the current workflow, here are some steps that might help.

Create your own Graphics packages to share:
1. Make a Graphic in Pr or author one in Ae's EGP.
2. Export as Mogrt.
3. (Optional) In the export dialog, assign some kind of shared keyword(s) so that you can easily search and find related graphics in the EGP later. You can also add, remove keywords after the fact in the EGP Mogrt's Info view, as long as it's in your possession (not a mogrt in the stock tab).
4. Choose a Library as the export destination.
5. Repeat step 1-4 for additional graphics in that package. Make multiple Libraries if you want and arrange things in various Libraries as needed. Mogrt sets can be filtered by Library name in this way.
6. Invite other users to your Library(s).
7. Go to Pr's EGP > Browser > My Templates > Libraries > LibraryName. (one or more Library can be checked on at a time)
8. Drag and drop a mogrt form there to a sequence in the Timeline.

NOTE: If Export as MOGRT destination is CC Library... it will always create a new item, even if you give it the same name. If it gets too confusing to have a lot of variations in the same Library with iterated names, you may want to add a step where you delete the old one before Exporting a revised mogrt from Ae or Pr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bronwynlewis (Admin, Adobe DVA)
Re1) I know about keywords, but it is very hard to go over all .moqrt files and give them appropriate keywords. For
CC library is not the solution, each file has to be insterted to the timeline and again exported to CC. Bcos CC does not support subfolders, users have many folders in CC.

Re2) I exported a moqrt file and renamed in browser window by its rename feature. Due this the name of the file is different from name stored inside of .moqrt. Maybe it is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm adding to this request. With everything in Thumbnail view in the Essential Graphics browser, it takes up unnecessary space and sometimes makes it nearly impossible to find an asset.

Search based browser is maybe good in theory but I view it as adding keyless entry to a car but also removing the seats at the same time. (bad analogy but one is far more important than the other, imho)

For me, I organize graphics based on client or project. For example: Client 1 has a folder with all their GFX assets, Client 2 has their own folder, General use stuff has it's own folder...and subfolders.

I think the Adobe terminology might be a little off which is directing some decisions that might be causing headaches. Most editors aren't "searching" for their assets, they are "accessing" them. If they are like me they know exactly where they are based on their organization. If the mentality of an editor never knowing where their assets are then the search feature makes sense...but most editors organize so that they don't have to search - Lower Third, open the L3 folder. Client 1 assets, open the Client 1 folder.

Hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it's now complete chaos to work with all of my Essential Graphics files mixed together. I edit mainly sports and I've had one folder for each sport, like Tennis, Basketball, Handball etc. Each of those folders had dozens of lower thirds. For every project, I'd go into a folder and test file by file to see which one I like the most for that project. Now it's so time consuming to find the one I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vedin Trhulj

If you can find each of the mogrts you need per sport once in the EGP, and if you click the Info button on a mogrt's thumbnail, then you can add keywords like "Tennis" or "Basketball". You can then search on "Tennis" within the My Templates tab to show that set of mogrts. You can get as detailed as you want with your keywords, like for example maybe you add "Handball, 2018, Lower Thirds" so that you can search out all the Lower Thirds graphics for your 2018 Handball segments at once.

Also, if the thumbnails you want are already Local, checking on Local Templates Folder should make it easier to spot what you want. It should be even easier if you save to Libraries and filter to show only the Library(s) you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. To feed back, our work flow is that we have deployed a social media template across the business. There are three templates for each aspect... 169, 919 and 1:1.

Each template has a number of graphics. Without folders you are asking that everyone using this template would have to know what to search to find it. It's an extra layer of confusion when have folders marked with the aspect is about as straight forward as you can get.

What is getting frustrating about Adobe products is that it seems you get some feature requests and you then implement it in its entirety and completely abandon the previous way. Rather than adding features as well... Features on top of what was already there to see how it is received.

This has happened with essential graphics and multiple projects. Adobe has just forced a new feature on everyone and giving no choice to people who were happy with how it was before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Agree... Even though a folder and file structure may seem to be outdated and not the new hip cool way to deal with files, it is something that works for just about everyone.

I had a group of Mogarts that I used for a specific client (Special Fonts, etc) in a folder. I could easily find them and use them without having to look at a bunch of items I don't need.

Now I have to sort through this huge list of thumbnails (many of which I will never use) that is cumbersome and clunky (But it is just like looking at pictures on my phone... Ha)

Adobe, you made a great graphics tool almost useless!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bring back folders to the Essential Graphics Browser. Now the files are mixed in one panel. I have sorted them into folders and subfolders for better orientation and working with them

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. Bring back folders. Bring back list view. Provide an option at least for people who like lists and folders. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The graphics panel is a nice idea, but almost unusable to have to scroll through everything or do a word search. Very cumbersome and clunky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, bring back the list view I have 260+ essential graphics and strolling through them is annoying and unnecessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring the folders back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring them back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please list view and folder view. And a proper search box!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take another look at this! It's overly complicated, and messy. I wish this was clean and simple. It's complicated just trying to explain how to use Essential Graphics to others with it's cluttered interface. It should be a blank slate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated my CC this morning, to find this chaos. Unacceptable.

when will adobe learn.... If you want to introduce a new 'feature', great. But give us the OPTION to select what we want.

I've got over 700 'titles' that now lag the **** out of my screen and are jumbled left right and centre. It's UNWORKABLE now. they're named things like 'title01', 'title02', 'title03'...I'm not going to add keywords to over 700 files. It's madness.

BRING BACK THE FOLDER VIEW NOW. Sheesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an utterly ridiculous update. There could not have been a significant amount of users asking for this massive of a change to the ui. Is it reasonable to expect users of any level to add tags and keywords to potentially hundreds of files? No. Please give users a reaonsable way to organize and segment the essential graphics files.

Votes

Translate

Translate