• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move markers with Track Selection Forward Tool

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this needs a description, it doesn't make sense to move everything forward or backward without moving the markers.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's necessary, period!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, PLEASE! Any tools that manipulate entire chunks of the timeline (ripple edits, track selection forward/backward, etc) should also manipulate the markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that this should only occur when "ripple sequence markers" is enabled.
WORKAROUND: It can presently be done by using the ripple trim tool - you just have to strategically find an edge of a clip to move way over. It can be quite annoying.
Basically the Track select forward (and backward) tool is useless to me until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! When I get in the flow sometimes I forget that I marked segments of the sequence and using any kind of forward/backward selection or rolling edit will render those markers redundant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates? Please fix this Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would LOVE this feature to be implemented.   Without it, it makes track markers essentially worthless, as when you need to open a gap to insert something, every marker to the right is now in the wrong place.  I know ripple edit does move them, but that's usually the most annoying way to do anything in the middle of a complex timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been wanting this ability for many years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Downright ridiculous... It's like the people working on the software aren't actually editors themselves. This oversight is so basic, it makes me wanna cry! 
What possible function is served by not having the choice to EITHER tie the marker to the timeline OR to the clip?!?!? OY!
Get it together Adobe for heaven's sake one of the people in this string says they been waiting for "years" for this functionality. I refuse to call this a feature because this is SO basic, I can ONLY call it a function (one that is sadly missing).

Votes

Translate

Translate