• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please reinstate the 'show fx badges' option

Engaged ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the 24.4 update  the fx badges permanently show on every clip. When moving clips around the timeline I often accidentally click the fx badge on the top right which then opens the effects controls for that clip. I'd love to be able to turn the fx badge off like we used to be able to as this is a real pain when moving clips around the timeline.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Sorry about your frustrations and we do appreciate the feedback. You can disable the fx button by unchecking Show FX Badges in the Timeline Display Settings (wrench). Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnBens_0-1715858644919.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann showed, Show FX Badges still exists under Timeline Display Settings. If this does not work for you, please let us know.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Trent Happel,

Is a keyboard shortcut for FX Badges available? I don't see one. Feature request?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya know, I think that is one of the few Timeline settings that does not have a shortcut option. I'll pass this on to the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that, too. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trent, that would be a VERY useful additional keyboard shortcut!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FX button on the video block is annoying because You can't grab the block at the spot of a button. This makes me mad because normally I'm juggling blocks on timeline and don't think where I'm grabbing them, now it's more difficult because I need to adjust zoom on timeline to either not seeing the button or zooming close enough to actually see a free spot. This is seriously annoying and such a button serves no purpose for editors, because normally You are easily drag and dropping effects from side tab or copy them from another clip. Is there a way to disable that button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about your frustrations and we do appreciate the feedback. You can disable the fx button by unchecking Show FX Badges in the Timeline Display Settings (wrench). Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since this option is missing a keyboard shortcut possibility, it now requires the user to move their move to the context menu, click to turn off FX badges, make their edit, then move the mouse again back to the context menu to reenable them. We keep those on in professional work so we know what clips have different effects on them, it doesn't make sense to permanently turn them off. Their new placement is both in the way of the work we do regularly, and the clicking behavior is problematic in that it now interrupts many other regular daily editing steps. A shortcut key possibility would save some time, but as other posts have mentioned the behavior of the FX badge needs to change either back to a right-click only context menu, or to only activate after a click is released and not when a click is pressed/held. I also have a similar post about this in the Beta forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate