• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro in app store

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, My Name is Alonzo Kirby and I have a request. Can you put Premiere Pro on the iPad, please? I know Adobe Rush is on the iPad, but I want to use Premiere Pro. When I'm on the go, I can use Premiere Pro. Please

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The iPads currently available don't have enough RAM, storage capacity, or processor power to run a professional video editing software like Premiere Pro.

That is one reason why Rush exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this aged like fine milk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think its not if but when. Adobes competitors Mainly Apple and Blackmagic are really going hard with porting over to IPad.

Resolve on IPad was proven to really just be the desktop version. 

PP is based on such a old code base and that makes it extra hard same thing which PS hence why its IPad app is so different.

It is a whole new code base. That comment saying not enough ram, Storage, and CPU is just out right wrong. 

I have a IPad Pro 3rd gen and I am editing a lot on it. It handles it just fine. 

I suspect in about a year we are gonna see an IPad version come out. 

I would love to see that. I would also love to see an IPad AfterEffects.

M4 and 12 gigs of rams could handle that any day of the week for lighter edits.

The only way an IPad could not handle editing on PP vs Resolve is if its not optimized. 

Resolve is proof what it can be done and done well at that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CTD afterdark 

Resolve for iPad is just the Cut Page and the Color Page, hopefully, Blackmagic Design will expand on that.

Final Cut Pro for iPad is probably the best option right now, especially in how it's been rethought for video editing with touch and the Apple Pencil.

The Apple Silicon native version of Premiere Pro runs well on M2 MacBook Air with 8GB or 16GB of RAM and M2 MacBook Pros with 16GB of RAM.  There have even been optimizations for the 8GB based systems.  It would probably run just as well on iPad Pros with M2 and M4.  Of course, iPad OS is the main limitation followed by Premiere Pro being designed primarily for using a mouse and keyboard shortcuts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and no for resolve. When it came out people found out since it's a direct port you could map a hot key and open the edit page.

FCP makes sense of why it's so good. It's apple helping apple.

I didn't think hardware will be a limiting factor. I use my IPad Pro that isn't even a M1. I was editing 4K 60 ProRes 422 no problem.

i think the real limitation is the code base being outdated. FC9 to FCX was a whole new code base developed for more modern hardware. I hope adobe does a major overhaul soon. It would optimize performance and improve stability. Also porting to newer platforms would be easier. Remember PP came out when 32 but cpus were the norm and 8gb or ram was only for pros.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@KIrby Sports 

Hardware wise, this could happen - at least on the M2 and M4 based iPad Pros.  The Apple Silicon native version of Premiere Pro runs rather well on base M2 Macs with recent enhancements for systems with just 8GB of RAM and the iPad Pro has either 8GB or 16GB.

Premiere Pro would likely need some UI optimization for touch and Apple Pencil, though.

We have Photoshop for iPad, Illustrator for iPad, and Lightroom for iPad.  Premiere Pro for iPad?  I'm hoping your idea gets a good number of votes.  

I'm guessing you've already tried Premiere Rush, but have you had a chance to try Adobe Project Violet?  It runs on iPhone and iPad.

All this said, for someone who wants to shoot, edit, and finish on their iPad Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro for iPad is hands down the best choice right now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate