• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split Caption at Text Under Playhead

Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this post for a no longer available UserVoice request. Can staff recover it? I do not find it or a similar one in a search. Is there already a request for what I am asking?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/transcription-fixing-automated-errors/m-p/12...

When a caption is split in the Timeline, the timecodes are split by the playhead position in the timeline. This is correct and is the current behavior in 23.6 and Beta 24.1.0.21.

But the entire caption text is repeated in each of the new segments. There was much discussion about this in the Beta forum during development, and there are continuing requests for a different behavior. I don't think any users are advocating for the current behavior.

I recommend that the text be split so the beginning text through any word completed before the playhead position goes to the new, earlier caption segment and the rest of the text goes to the new later caption segment.

Note that this would not apply to operations in the Text Panel as currently set: a split in the Text Panel uses a timecode in the middle of the segment being split; it does not reference the playhead.

Also note there are different issues for split and merge and these may vary depending on whether we are talking about captions, source transcripts, or sequence transcripts. For example, see this post about the changed merge behavior:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/merge-captions-suddenly-gray-and-unlcikable/idc-p/1...

Stan

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can second this request.  Currently my workflow cleaning up captions for social videos means if I split a caption I then need to go into each caption by double clicking on it, delete the end of the text from the first and the beginning of the text from the second. Which is time consuming.

It'd also be good to remove all the double-clicks and make it so that you can just use keys (e.g. Tab) from one caption text box to the next. e.g. when you double-click a caption in the sequence it should open for text editing. Even if it's very minor corrections or changes which are needed to the auto-transcribe it still takes a long time due to all the clicking and moving which could be avoided with a better workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Basic phone apps like InShot and CapCut have the ability to split the captions on the screen just by clicking 'new line' at the right word. Please make this feature a priority

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes ! This is needed asap, it takes 5x more time to delete the text, verify if its the correct one etc..

Votes

Translate

Translate